Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ranger sway bar

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Want to replace the front sway bar to frame bushings on my '09 Ranger. Preferably with polyurethane.

Every source I can find for this truck, including Ford's parts website, seem to suggest that the two options for this truck should be 27 mm or 29 mm.

My bar- the one it left the lot with- measures 34 mm.

Truck is a late-build (August) 2009 Ranger Super Cab, 4x4, XLT. 4.0, 5-speed, 3.73.

Part number sticker on the bar reads: F87A-5494-CC

Any thoughts on this? I'm curious as much as anything... But I do want to replace the bushings and be done with it for another 100k.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Bought bushings that fit a '99 Explorer. They fit my sway bar and brackets properly.

Now I'm just curious...do I have an oddball, or did Ford just screw up their parts catalogs?

blacksnapon

Staff member
without having access to catalogs, I'd be blaming the "early, or late" part of it. It may have to be looked up for a previous or later year model.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Maybe...but the parts catalogs all indicate the sway bar size options didn't change for the whole run of IFS Rangers. (1998-2011)

Nowhere that I can find lists this bar as EVER coming in a Ranger, of any year.

(Again- I've found the part I need...I'm just curious about the whole thing now.)

Ford Truck Articles