Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New thread; gen 1 discussion......

tinman52

Tin bender
Hey folks, instead of us hijacking some innocent members build thread, lets do our "bench racing" on this one. Keep it civilized though......

I haven't posted much lately because this forum has been pretty slow. It's a viscous circle.......so post up!!!!!!smilieFordlogo Anything old Ford truck related!

tinman52

Tin bender
I'll start.....I have driven my truck a few times this spring, the weather was pretty nice for a week or so, now it's icky again. Rain, snow, mud, etc.

Got a couple things I want to do to her before summer.

1. Clutch. Still chattering, not getting any better. I could live with it, but want to figure out the problem once and for all.

2.engine has a dull knock or thud at cold idle. might be a piston slap, but I want to pull the pan and check the bearings for peace of mind.

Will see how far I get with those two before adding to the list.

I also have a '51 Cabover truck project that I should be working on......

havi

third member
Everything I have is still buried under snow. :(

That said, I started modifying an F2 crossmember for a T5 install, and am waiting for free shop time at work to get the pieces milled. Secondly, I have another F1 frame in the works to get home, so that I can tear down the current extra F1 frame I have (it's really bad), and use that crossmember in my good F1 for the T5 install. The T5 I have is being used as a template for various different crossmembers I plan on making, including the F1, F2/3, and a couple different year IH's. On top of that, I'm looking at getting an F4, and have a Marmon and Herrington driveline in the works. We'll see how that pans out. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the snow to melt so I can get access to my F1. The F6, and '47 Ford sedan are waiting too, so that the engine swapping can start. Not much I can do while the snow hangs around. At this rate, June will be when it's gone.

tinman52

Tin bender
Dang Havi, I think you may have more "projects" going than I do.....
I didn't think that was possible!

The midwest sure has gotten a lot of bad weather lately. Hope your snow melts pretty soon....

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I stopped work on the 50 F4 when the snow started falling. I should get back out there and get going on it.

I hit the point of firing up the old flat 6, then found igniton/wiring trouble. Installed a new wiring harness but that's as far as I got.

Did install new windshield and doors as winter hit, and still have to replace a gasket on the back window.

Now that the snow is gone, I don't need a plow truck for a few months......

tinman52

Tin bender
Seriously, your going to mention a 51 coe with not one pic!

LOL....here ya go. Truck will be a car hauler w/tilt bed and 300 six for power.

As found........

coe001.jpg

After stretching the cab and new chassis with 158" WB.

DSCN0050.jpg

primetime

sawmill slave
How abouts we start a fight?:D :box2: OHV rules! Flatties are a waste of time!smilietease

Or, what`s the best thing you`ve done to your truck to improve the day to day? I prefer a newer seat, electronic ignition, and sound deadning in the cab...

tinman52

Tin bender
Pulled the trans today......that's as far as I got. The new lift makes it sooooo much easier. I need a taller tranny jack now though....

dscn0514t.jpg

Ford Truck Articles