Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bed Lighting

Psquare75

Creamsicle Driver
What have you done?

I'm looking for some ideas. I can't use a typical roof mounted cargo light, as I have a hard bed cover.

I was tempted to use some stand alone license plate lights from a trailer, but I think they will angle the light too much.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
What have you done?

I'm looking for some ideas. I can't use a typical roof mounted cargo light, as I have a hard bed cover.

I was tempted to use some stand alone license plate lights from a trailer, but I think they will angle the light too much.
Would be awesome to mount some lights under the bed rails with double sided tape. Maybe use license plate lights, 3 on each side.

Snowbunny

Bustin' Ours~Savin' Yours
My son, Nick ~ Nighthawk285 ~ mounted blue neon under his bed rails and it looks absolutely awesome!!! Of course, you can only truly appreciate it if you are also in a truck!! The little cars are just too low to see it!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Speaking of Nick, tell him to get his lazy butt on here and POST! He's gotten way to busy for us. I wanna see pics of those bed lights.

Snowbunny

I told him Chris. But, he has class from 8-2 and then works from 2-9 and then tries to catch up on homework, or riding, or God only knows what else!!! He just doesn't cruise the forums anymore.

I don't have any pics handy of his bed lights, but I do have a pic of his sled!! He tested LED's for a fella all winter to see which ones would hold up best under that strain of heavy snow an cold.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/ekokos/Tower Junkie/l_b83ef7d0a44703e08b51f9ec65730017.jpg

Snowbunny

I told him Chris. But, he has class from 8-2 and then works from 2-9 and then tries to catch up on homework, or riding, or God only knows what else!!! He just doesn't cruise the forums anymore.

I don't have any pics handy of his bed lights, but I do have a pic of his sled!! He tested LED's for a fella all winter to see which ones would hold up best under that strain of heavy snow an cold.

l_b83ef7d0a44703e08b51f9ec65730017.jpg

what about something with rope-light tucked under the rails - even classier...xmas lights. seriously though, the LED xmas lights shouldn't draw hardly any power and i would think you could hide them OK

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts