Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bandits 72 Ford Truck

Well here she sits just waiting to go back in the ol truck this weekend. Really not trying to get here running this weekend but the motor will be back in where it belongs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
Here's where she sits as of right now. I haven't had a chance to work on her anymore due to work getting in the way.. Dang job..... lol

Attachments

• IMG_5960.jpg
A video of startup would be good....:D

There's going to be a video of it starting that's for sure Doug and I will get it on here for all to see.
I finally got to work on it a little more tonight and sort out the right side header and a few small things I thought were going to be issues once the header was in place but turns out I was worrying for nothing. Although it was close the Flowtech headers do fit this truck pretty well with no clearance issues that i can find.
Know I can move on to getting the accessories on the engine and all the supporting things to get it running.

Well I had a bit of a set back as far as getting her running again. Done a little investigating and found the gas tank full of rust and the end of the fuel sending float hanger gone as in rusted off.
Anyway I've been getting the little stuff I wanted to get done completed until I can get another tank for it hopefully soon. I'm really tempted to put a fuel line down in a gallon of gas and fire it up.

Oh and it looks like I found what looks to be a build sheet behind the seat back. To bad it was in such bad shape.

Attachments

• IMG_6086.jpg
  • IMG_6097.jpg
I know Ford put in what they thought was an informative set of warning gauges and lights for the various things like amps and water temp things like that. However it's just not enough info for me and this has bugged me for awhile now. I know I can just buy the three gauges and bolt them somewhere to the bottom of the dash but I've never like the looks of those gauges in that bracket they come with so I decided to buy those gauges and change it up a bit. I wanted mine to be somewhere around the factory instrument cluster but didn't to cut up nor change the cluster out in any way. Then I thought about the old Rally Paks that you could get in the mustang or other cars and that they use to bolt or clamp around the steering column.
So here is my idea and the metal gauge cluster I have been working on making to mount them.
Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• IMG_6219.jpg
  • IMG_6218.JPG
  • IMG_6222.JPG
  • IMG_6221.JPG
  • IMG_6220.JPG

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Great idea those old rally packs on the 1 gen Mustang set the dash off and it will look great in your truck.

Finally got around to finishing up this little project and roughly wired all the lights up to see what it looks like.
Its not perfect but I like it!
I will finish the wiring and hopefully get it installed this week.
Still waffling around about the fuel tank but I need to quit and just go buy it..

Attachments

• image1.jpg
  • image2.JPG
  • image3.JPG
Wiring is all soldered up and heat shrinked. All that's left to do is mount it and run the plumbing for the oil pressure and the water temp sensor out to the engine.

Attachments

• image1(1).JPG
  • image2(1).JPG
I agree, looks sharp!

Can't wait to see it installed.

Thanks guys.
I think it will serve me well and look good as well. It is color match to the interior paint so it should blend in well.
Not to mention that I'm the only one that has this mounting bracket at this time seeing how I made it right here in my own shop.

Well here it is all bolted in and the wiring mostly finished.
I just have to pull the temp sensor and the oil pressure line through the firewall and hook them up.
I do have an led kit ordered for the dash itself just hasn't got here yet so I'll be taking it loose one more time.

Attachments

• image5.JPG
  • image4.JPG
  • image3(1).JPG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts