Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My 79 F-250 pictures

Figured I would throw up some pics of my 250 for those that have not seen it before. I did a complete frame off on this about 4-5 years back. While I had it ripped apart I swapped in a mildly rebuilt 70 Thunderjet 429 motor with the D0VE heads. It has Dana 60's front and rear with 4.10 gears and 36" Cepek Fun Country tires.

I didn't take alot of pictures of the resto. The paint on the truck was still in great shape so it was left alone.
truckframe.jpg

cabb4restoration.jpg

lines.jpg

The 429 with all L+L parts used for the swap.
pass-side-engine.jpg

front-suspension.jpg

dsc01444.jpg

1dsc01507.jpg

At the Indy jambo last year I had some old school pinstripping thrown on it.

dsc01733.jpg

dsc01752.jpg

This was the last time it saw the mud. This picture was taken before I did the frame off and it still retained it's 400 motor.
f250-mud-day.jpg

More pictures hosted here at Supermotors. http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/8307/24945

Thanks all. 79 I don't remember where I got it from. It is a round tube but I think I may pull it out and put the stock grille back in.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
It is a round tube but I think I may pull it out and put the stock grille back in.
I'm rarely a fan of aftermarket grilles, but I really think that grille looks terrific on that truck!

I had a feeling it was you're truck at the top of the page. I hope you dont mind my dry humor... What an honor to be chosen to represent this site. I think any of you're rigs would be worthy. So is you're 250 pretty much stayin the way it is, or do you have other plans in the future? I remember you sayin it would be your son's when hes 18... What a lucky guy, hope he keeps it the same and appriciates it as much as you.

Thanks Brad. The only plans for the future for the truck is a paint job. It has a couple of spots in it that will need some attention probably within the next 5 years or so considering the lack of mileage that is put on it per year. My son is 8 now so he has another 10 years to go. He will end up getting both the truck and the Bronco as my daughter shows no interest in either. I'll be 56 in 10 years so he can start with the 250 and the Bronco will be mine till I pass then he gets it. I am most certain he will have great respect for either of the trucks when it his turn to hold the keys.

So it looks like you still have some time to enjoy it. I hope gas isnt so expensive in 10 years that you're son cant afford to fire it up. We'll probably all be drivin Honda Insights by then anyway.... I'd still wheel one though.

Oh I've got plenty of time left to drive them both Brad. The one thing I forgot about the 250 is I want to get rid of those 16.5" wide Cepeks that are on it and put a set of 37" Fun Country II's on it. The 36's are just to wide of a tire for enjoying mall cruising.

Thanks all. 79 I don't remember where I got it from. It is a round tube but I think I may pull it out and put the stock grille back in.

It's a round tube. I can't remember what brand it was, found it on ebay. I just don't know if I like the look of it on there. I pretty much like the factory chrome grille look on these trucks.

See when I decided to redo this truck I wanted it to look like my first one that I bought new when I was 17. Other than the fact this a 250 and my new one was a 150 they are pretty much identical. I just think the grille in my Bronco looks a lot better than the tube grille. Here is a picture of my first truck after some work. It only survived a short year with me before an untimely accident. Being young and stupid put my 150 to rest early.:headbang:

resized-new.jpg

back-view.jpg

wreck-1.jpg

wreck-2.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch! Hate to see that happen to one of these beauties. I agree the factory grille looks good in the 79's but I prefer the tube grille. I guess because it does not look like every other one on the road. Either way you have a couple of great looking rides anyone could be proud of. Love them
79's. This supercab makes the third 79 I have owned. All I need is a crewcab shortbed 4x4, bronco, and a regular cab shortbed street rod to complete the set.

Thanks 79. I've literally lost count as to how many of these I have had. I was almost to the point of having 1 of each. I had to come to my senses tho and let a couple go.

Today I got the lower front bumper valance on the Bronco. Now that it is done I am starting to concentrate on getting the CA shortbed cleaned up and ready for sale.

dsc02618.jpg

dsc02616.jpg

Here is a picture of my F-350 supercab I just sold to a PJB member last month.

dsc02341.jpg

Michigan
Wow man beautiful trucks! I now about being young and stupid. I had a lifted 79 bronco that was beautiful and i wrapped the front end around a tree. Only two weeks after the resto to.... I rebuilt it and drive it for a couple months, won some car show trophys and sold it. I really wish i still had it and i plan on doing what you did, make another one just like it! Again beautiful trucks man and thanks alot for sharing!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts