Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help me figure out a fair selling price.

I have a 10/77 F250 ext cab 4x4 with a 351C 2v heads, new edelbrock 4v manifold, with a new 600cfm edelbrock carb. 4sp truck, floors rusty, bed rusty no tailgate, 10x16 aluminum wheels, new m/c and br booster, All the glass is good, runs and drives fine, 4x4 works. New HEI distributor. This truck sits up high like a high boy, but it is built too late to be a high boy. I do not see any after market lifting parts under it either. I can post pics later, but is there any way I could get 3K out of it? I am in S.E. Oklahoma. It is tagged and has a clean Ok title. It is rough, it has factory a/c, but the compressor is missing.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Without looking at any pics....I'd say....no to your $3k.

I am not for sure what used vehicles go for in Oklahoma, but in NC I am seeing old ford trucks without any modifications going around 1000 to 2500 on CL. I got mine from someone for 1500 (talked him down), he was trying to sell it for 2000, all original parts, no repairs, no modifications, and running. The value of the truck on the title is listed at around 800. But all the work I put into it, I just wouldn't sell mine because I know I wouldn't get what I put into it.

Perhaps use the 3000 OBO approach? That way you at least have a few people making some offers and see what kind of numbers you get.

(or use a number like 2840 :)

Last edited:
You've probably already done this but what are trucks going for in your area? .... are there any swap meets or similar in your area that you can take it along to so that it gets better exposure to people that are interested in this sort of truck? And lastly how much of a hurry are you in to sell it ...... why i say this is that if you aren't in a hurry then eventually someone will come along and offer you close to your asking price but if you need to sell "right now" then a hefty discount on the asking price will apply. Just my .02 worth :)

I'm in no hurry.

I thought 3K might be a bit optimist, but in parts alone I'm over $2500.00.
Maybe in 5 years I can put it on barn finds and make a killing!!

It also has manual locking hubs. I also have a 400 engine, c6 trans and everything needed to put it in, even new headers. Does not go for free with the truck though. This truck runs and drives very well. I'll get some pics and see what happens. Thank guys and gals for the replies.

F O T

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I thought 3K might be a bit optimist, but in parts alone I'm over $2500.00.
Maybe in 5 years I can put it on barn finds and make a killing!!

It also has manual locking hubs. I also have a 400 engine, c6 trans and everything needed to put it in, even new headers. Does not go for free with the truck though. This truck runs and drives very well. I'll get some pics and see what happens. Thank guys and gals for the replies.

F O T

I am not for sure what used vehicles go for in Oklahoma, but in NC I am seeing old ford trucks without any modifications going around 1000 to 2500 on CL. I got mine from someone for 1500 (talked him down), he was trying to sell it for 2000, all original parts, no repairs, no modifications, and running. The value of the truck on the title is listed at around 800. But all the work I put into it, I just wouldn't sell mine because I know I wouldn't get what I put into it.

Perhaps use the 3000 OBO approach? That way you at least have a few people making some offers and see what kind of numbers you get.

(or use a number like 2840 :)

You will never ever get what you have into a vehicle (they are loss leading depreciating hunks of metal that has moving parts that require maintenance that a new buyer will never repay [aside from your upgrades or restoration costs])......looking forward to pics and good luck selling it.

I've often wondered that too

I know this thread is prob dead by now, but I have also been trying to figure out a fair asking price for my 79. Regular cabs come a dime a dozen, but the supercab like the OP has are usually harder to come by. I have only seen one other truck like mine for sale and the guy was asking $6500 not running. I thought that was a bit excessive, but then I looked around and couldn't find any others. I'm not looking to sell, but it would be nice to have a figure in my head if I ever wanted to.

Ford Truck Articles