Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Yes - it's that overpriced. It'd be work something short of that with a front axle.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

There's no interior, bed or undercarriage pics and usually there's a reason why that is. Maybe contact the person to email them to you or post them.

Other than the hubs, not sure if there's a Tcase or 4wd shifter on this bad boy, but from the engine bay pics, it looks fairly rust free. But what's wrong with the radiator hose?

From the sounds of his ad, it looks like this thing was beat on a little, so consider that (meaning, maybe some long term repairs/gremlins) if you're going to make an offer.

It's sitting a little low for me, but that's just preference.

Austin's right.....that engine does not look like it belongs in there.....

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I don't think it's that overpriced.....I might offer $3500 and be willing to pay $4 for it if I was able to tinker more and had more paint resto experience.

There's no interior, bed or undercarriage pics and usually there's a reason why that is. Maybe contact the person to email them to you or post them.

Other than the hubs, not sure if there's a Tcase or 4wd shifter on this bad boy, but from the engine bay pics, it looks fairly rust free. But what's wrong with the radiator hose?

From the sounds of his ad, it looks like this thing was beat on a little, so consider that (meaning, maybe some long term repairs/gremlins) if you're going to make an offer.

It's sitting a little low for me, but that's just preference.

Austin's right.....that engine does not look like it belongs in there.....

The lack of pictures is definitely a red flag. I'm not considering making an offer on this one, I'm just trying to get a better handle on what to watch out for, how to gauge a fair price, etc.

Him mentioning one too many peel outs definitely doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, lol.

I agree 100% on it sitting too low. Jacked up 250 is my speed. Just figured it would be good to learn a little on a dent that "looked" decent. And maybe this could be exactly what someone here is looking for. And ya, looking back at it the engine does look very out of place in there.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^it doesn't have AC, which is one of my conditions, but would've invested in retrofitting one later if the right truck came along without it.

I would have considered this bad boy if I didn't already have my 2 dents and think I would've paid his ebay asking price of $14500. It looks like a decent build and the cap is kinda cool also.....different.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-250-...33d305997&item=151350434199&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Haha, I was just looking at that truck not 20 minutes ago. It definitely looks pretty decent. I would probably like it a lot more if it we're white, though. I'm not crazy about any solid colors for the dents, but I'm really not diggin the white. The cap is very unique, that's for sure. The video makes it look a lot better than the pics. It's hard not to fall in love with that sound, haha.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
There's no way that thing is worth $15k.....there's 3 different (4 maybe - see the bed) paint colors on this rig.....I would be there ton's of surface rust underneath....the solid orange and the black wheels, I'm not crazy about....not to mention the confederate flag on the roof!

Wow really, 4 colors? I can't tell, maybe it's because I'm looking on my phone. And the roof is the confederate flag? Lol, jeez... Three of the pictures won't load for me, clearly that and the bed pic are two of them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

6k for a 2wd...HA, that's an expensive parts truck.

I would have considered this bad boy if I didn't already have my 2 dents and think I would've paid his ebay asking price of $14500. It looks like a decent build and the cap is kinda cool also.....different.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-250-...33d305997&item=151350434199&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

With an engine code Y...bet it's still the original 360, and same same ol same ol...they turn in to 390's when selling.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid You would think they would paint that motor while putting all that rebuild money into it. And with all those burnouts, time for another tranny build.

Never understood why someone openly admit abusing a vehicle when trying to sell.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Nice truck' I see that it is also a Trailer Special, like mine but a Super Cab, and that's the only other Trailer Special that I have seen, it looks like it may be a Ranger XLT , or a Ranger Lariat, I'm judging that by the way the tailgate is done. It's a sweeeet looking truck. smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts