Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Brake line fittings.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
What's the point of putting different size fittings from the M/C to the proportioning valves with the same size 3/16 line? Originally, the sizes of fittings ranged from 9/16, to 5/16, to 3/16 and to 1/4.

Supplier of the BPPV.

Kelsey Hayes

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I was just curious, because my new Proportioning valve (from summit) has all 3/16 inlet/outlets and the M/C has 3/16 for the rear and 1/4 for the front. Makes it a little easier since all the line is 3/16.

The other thing is, what's the trick to stopping leaks. I have all new lines and thought I had everything pretty straight and tight, but unsure on "how tight" I need to get them.

The other reason is making sure primary line goes to primary outlet and secondary line goes to secondary

Idiot free system ;)

Hopefully the lines have the proper flaring do to them. then it is tighten accordingly.

I'll check for specs

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
As long as the flare is right I usually just tighten with a good line wrench until it won't turn anymore. Never had any problem with doing that. Also make sure you start by hand so it doesn't crossthread.

Ford Truck Articles