Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

mirrors

hey guys got another question, my 77 had this mirrors that hang down on the sides of the doors. on it missing the glass (cant seem to find a replacement). the rubber grommet for the glass on both side has seen better days, over all both assemblies have seen better days. my question is what is this type of mirror called and were can i get a new set. i cant seem to find any sort of used or new set/parts online.

Attachments

• DSC01356.jpg
  • IMAG0215.jpg
  • IMAG0386.jpg
i seen a few trucks on line with this style but by far most have your style. i kinda liked the looks of mirrors that are on this truck but in the end what ever works works. i need to plug weld and but some new riv nuts in both doors anyways because the bottom riv nuts pulled out.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I've got a diagram of the various types that the trucks used, I will see if I can find it.

Fellro

Staff member
I think those are an old aftermarket add on. The mirror does look to be set low. The head is actually a pretty common type, GM tended to use it. The 92 also has a similar style post mount.

the mirror is low, this truck is cosmetically shot, mirrors being no exception. the rubber is all but gone so they just flop around. the riv nut have pulled out of the lower mountings. oh well i just keep rebuilding it bit by bit front the ground up. funny fellro mention gm using that mirror head, i happened to stumble across a new head at the parts store today labeled for gm.

dnfxdli i look forward to seeing what ligature you find

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Those mirrors came off a 80 Chevrolet van.
they are straight when on the van, as the top leans in, so the mirror would then be parallel with the body

CB's mirrors the door brackets are right, but the mirror heads are off 87-91 f 150-250

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I couldn't find the one picture I have, but these should help. Those are Ford mirrors, or at least made and supplied to Ford.
That remote one also had a matching non remote mirror.

SCAN0886.JPG

SCAN0887.JPG

SCAN0888.JPG

SCAN0889.JPG

SCAN0890.JPG

SCAN0891.JPG

SCAN0892.JPG

that pass is missing the glass, havnt done anything with the mirrors but put a piece of hose in the inside of the drivers clamp so i can see ;). right now i need to get a "new" np435 swapped in.

Ford Truck Articles