Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another bad pump

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That's only a 4 amp draw...so 18 gauge would work..I don't really know if that 20 gauge wire would have caused your problems....it could have. Ideally as you probably know, never size a wire smaller than what is already there.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
I don't know how it happened put the power feed to my holley blue got itself caught up around my shock and ripped itself out after romping through a big mud hole this morning. Needless to say diagnosing that in the freezing cold woods when it stopped on a pile of water/ice was not fun. Had dad pull me out with the bobcat and diagnosed in the driveway.

Anyway, point is I feel your pain in the truck dying inopportunely from an electric fuel pump!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I went head and ordered a new carb and pump.
Yeah isn't it a blast laying under the truck in the freezing cold.. Once I found out what it is I was like Chief Iron Eyes Cody, I stood there with a Kool hanging limply from my mouth and a single little tear rolled down..
this is going to cost nomads monnies :(

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles