Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Search for a plain wrapper F250

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
My boss was trying to find a Personal ride a plain F250 v8 manual trans on a lot is nuts. They all r loaded .

Even had trouble rubber mat in anything other than F350 dually .

We were talking and U think with economy there'd be few cheap as possible truck out there. There have been none on local lots all summer tahts for sure.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Lot's of XL's out here, but finding a manual... good luck on that.

Interesting, because in the land of Chebbie we've sold more trucks with crank windows in the last six months than we have in the last two or three years.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Thats what I meen. The XL's here all seem to have cruise etc. And the deals r on the on lot trucks.

Shame the manual trans is whats selling dodges here . Local dealer always has several trucks on lot .

I know we r trying to get 4 F450-550 dually trucks for company . With all problems with auto trans they want manuals . A clutch we can put on in a day a auto itsin shop for week.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
They get 2 MPG better on average . In construction we travel together . One had auto one man and the man got better mileage.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
See, Ernie- I'm not the only one! smilietease

I don't think I've ever seen a manual trans Super Duty on a dealer lot. Heck- haven't seen a manual trans pickup on the lot near Dad's house in years, of any size.

It's sad...

I prefer them too Ian.

My explorer was not available with one (at least I never heard of a 2nd gen with one from the factory). When I was looking for a 2001 explorer (used) I searched several states (AR, MO, OK, TX, TN, and LA) and could not find one for sale.

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
Thats what I meen. The XL's here all seem to have cruise etc. And the deals r on the on lot trucks.

Shame the manual trans is whats selling dodges here . Local dealer always has several trucks on lot .

I know we r trying to get 4 F450-550 dually trucks for company . With all problems with auto trans they want manuals . A clutch we can put on in a day a auto itsin shop for week.

Actually, now that Dodge finally fixt the dang Automatic, you'll be hard pressed to find a manual on a lot up here anymore. I think we've got a different definition of "plain wrapper." A/C, Tilt, Cruise, CD, and Tow is about as plain as you'd want to inventory a pickup anymore. There's a market out there for less, but it's so darned thin you'll inventory the truck for 300 days trying to find that buyer. At that point, even if you got MSRP for it, you'd still be in the hole after figuring in the flooring interest.

Why not just grab the XLT, but get a 4.9L with a 5speed. :shrug:

Them old carbureted 300s were even rated for 30mpg highway, lol.

Unless he is looking for a new one... do they even have the manual.

EDIT: They do have the 6 speed manual transmission... If he really wants one, why doesnt he just order it?

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Actually, now that Dodge finally fixt the dang Automatic, you'll be hard pressed to find a manual on a lot up here anymore. I think we've got a different definition of "plain wrapper." A/C, Tilt, Cruise, CD, and Tow is about as plain as you'd want to inventory a pickup anymore. There's a market out there for less, but it's so darned thin you'll inventory the truck for 300 days trying to find that buyer. At that point, even if you got MSRP for it, you'd still be in the hole after figuring in the flooring interest.

Nope still lots o dodges on the lots with manuals here . Real popular with 20's crowd .

Plain jane No carpet and vynal seat . (air cruise is OK) He wants reg cab long bed. On lots there r XLTs galore. But no base versions.

My cousin sells Fords he says he is asked weekly for Manual trans .The last 2 sold day they came off truck.

Ford has really bad rep with there autos around here .

Oh he'll find 1 He is going to Pittsburgh to a fleet Dealer

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Unless he is looking for a new one... do they even have the manual.

EDIT: They do have the 6 speed manual transmission... If he really wants one, why doesnt he just order it?

He is looking for a new one . And to order would be way more than on lot with specials. .
Its just shame that even Fleet type Co. have trouble getting trucks they want.

Last edited:
He is looking for a new one . And to order would be way more than on lot with specials. .

When my dad ordered the one in my signature, it was fleet price through his job so it was actually real inexpensive. Would there be any way he could work something like that out?

polarbear

Boring, Oregon

Therein lies the issue. And I don't know about Ford, but I'm almost completely blown out of '08 Silverado's (ditto Dodge), and have ordered very light on '09's.

The Dodge story is a little different- the "Bighorn" package made a nicely decked out Ram SLT less money (net) than the base model- with amenities like power everything, A/C, alloys, yada yada yada. No reason at all to order the base truck- hell, it was more money.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
He's a hunter and has dogs so the fancy carpet and cloth seat r out . Its a needs thing for him.

I guess he found one anyway. Got it through dealer from fleet outfit. Will have by end week . Been good discussion tho

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
He got it . No nonsense . Only option is air . Really strange light blue. Don't know if factory or wasa cancelled order.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I would never ever ever buy a work truck with a auto...

I stopped buying new trucks in 95 . (All manual but 1 ) But anything above 97 other than HD a manual is not to be found. (which sucks ) The local dealers have waiting lists for used trucks with manuals.

So for u and me its hard to find .

Ford Truck Articles