Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1997-2004 Ford F150 4X4 Inoperative In Depth Diagnosis

makuloco2000

Certified Ford Tech
I have been getting allot of questions about how the 4x4 system works on this vehicle and how to troubleshoot it especially with winter coming up. This video covers getting the front axle to engage.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
Im just gonna throw this out there.

There is alternatives.

Ive got a manual transfer case (i actually have a shifter)

The diaphram on the axle was bad and they cost about 180 bucks

I put this on

http://4x4posi-lok.com/app_ford.html

Technically if you knew the correct length of cable you could probably do it cheaper then what i paid. But time vs the little youd save

blacksnapon

Staff member
Mak is showing how to properly repair one and still be stock configuration. Most prefer to keep one stock. Its a service (quite valuable one) that he provides for people that may not understand how it works so they might repair it themselves. Yes, yours is an alternative, and thank you for your contribution.

makuloco2000

Certified Ford Tech
Mak is showing how to properly repair one and still be stock configuration. Most prefer to keep one stock. Its a service (quite valuable one) that he provides for people that may not understand how it works so they might repair it themselves. Yes, yours is an alternative, and thank you for your contribution.

Why thank you, yes I try to stick to stock which is what I know best and most owners have for the best overall video.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts