Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Center seat/console swap possibility?

Hello,

I have a 2008 F-350 with the 40/20/40 front seats that have the center seat/fold down console. I would like to switch it out for the full size console for more storage for business use.

Has anyone done this? If so, do the existing brackets and/or mounts line up with both of these consoles?

Thanks
Mike

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
We omly have the buckets in r trucks . But check to see if seats r separate . I'd bet they r as all I worked on the "20" had its own brackets that used seat bolts to hold it .

Thanks for the reply

The seats are separtate, and the center seat/console will come out fairly easily by removing 4 nuts. My concern is if the full console will fit the same brackets/and or mounting bolts if I purchase a take-out console. Thanks!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I was considering something like this for my truck-- keep in mind that the center seat also serves as an armrest for both people in the front seat-- so if you remove it then your right arm (and your passengers left arm) are just going to dangle in the center of the cab.

I was considering something like this for my truck-- keep in mind that the center seat also serves as an armrest for both people in the front seat-- so if you remove it then your right arm (and your passengers left arm) are just going to dangle in the center of the cab.

I have an armrest in the back of my bench, but I keep papers and crap behind it, lol. I dont mind not having an armrest so bad...

Ford Truck Articles