Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351w Hp

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Ballpark 210/315

Ryan

All stock in a truck with the factory cork of an exhaust it was rated 210hp/315tq. With a better cam and a real exhaust on it.. or in other words just letting it breath.. it'll make about 280hp/380tq.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba

that was my 1990 351w F250 with

3" single exhaust no cat
timing bump 14* BTDC
a good tune up...ford racing wires.. msd blaster coil.. motorcraft copper plugs.

and thats basically it... the new ECU is just stock becuase the other one was bad and made the truck have issues.

that was my 1990 351w F250 with

3" single exhaust no cat
timing bump 14* BTDC
a good tune up...ford racing wires.. msd blaster coil.. motorcraft copper plugs.

and...

And 4.10 gears.. which makes a BIG difference.;)

Awesome, keeps you in the perfect RPM range. I like the 3.73 LS in my vehicles, perfect for the mod motor, and the six. :)

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I have 2.70s in my truck :) I love that flat out high way speed.. top out the speed O one night and the RPMs were still going up started getting hairy to so I backed down :D

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
All depends on what you want man, gears can make all the difference :D
I wanted to be able to cruse at low rpms on and off the high way, but when I ever redo my truck i'm going to go a little more wild so I can eat them streets up :D and get many a tickets and have very big! fun hahahah.

All depends on what you want man, gears can make all the difference :D
I wanted to be able to cruse at low rpms on and off the high way, but when I ever redo my truck i'm going to go a little more wild so I can eat them streets up :D and get many a tickets and have very big! fun hahahah.

Oh yeah, i like my 3.55's because i can cruise at low rpms for high fuel economy..and when i need the speed, i have it.smilieFordlogo

I should see if i can put some different gears in my F-250...if i keep it.

What kind of gas mileage should i expect from the 351?

Ford Truck Articles