Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351w edelbrock top end kit any good?

like the title says, is the edelbrock top end kit any good? im thinking about buying it for the 351w im building for my crown vic. comes with the edelbrock performer rpm heads with 2.02/1.60 valves, rpm air gap intake, doesnt give the exact specs on the cam though. claims to make 400hp and 412 ft lbs at the crank as well. anyone here using this kit? it seems fairly decent to me, but maybe someone could give me some info on their personal experience with it.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I don't honestly thing it w ill make that much powering with out doing some thing to bottom end..
But! I can say I have personally never heard any negative's about the eddie kits.
The good thing about going with a Eddi kit is that all the parts have been dyno tested and matched to your engine type and not just thrown together engine parts like other kits.
Hopfully some one with more knowledge on this subject can help you out more..

I have not used the kit but I have several close friends with Eddy heads on a variety of motors, some carbed and some EFI. The bottom line is this kit will make all that power no problem.. as long as you're not using a stock exhaust system. No bottom end mods necessary either besides measuring for piston to valve clearance which should not be a problem but it's better to be safe than sorry. The block itself can support 700+ hp and the stock rotating assembly will handle 400+hp, though upgraded con rods are a real good idea if you ever think you might spray or boost this motor in the future.

i was thinking of putting a budget 393 stroker short block underneath it. and by "budget" i mean cast crank, refurbished rods with arp hardware, and forged pistons. im still going to try to find the darn specs on the cam in that edelbrock kit, but i guess the general question i have is, would having a 393 underneath that edelbrock top end setup hinder any performance? since i get the feeling that kit is set up for a stock bottom end. i suppose maybe a better question would be, how well would a 393 stroker perform with that top end? would it be worth even stroking it out to a 393 with that top end?

but i guess the general question i have is, would having a 393 underneath that edelbrock top end setup hinder any performance? since i get the feeling that kit is set up for a stock bottom end. i suppose maybe a better question would be, how well would a 393 stroker perform with that top end? would it be worth even stroking it out to a 393 with that top end?
Well here's a couple graphs showing relative performance. The stroker certainly does better but they both produce a more truck friendly powerband with a different cam.

3617029448_02b2360bb9.jpg

3616210267_accaa2f001.jpg

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts