Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dually fenders...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know that Arrowmark was the only aftermarket dually fender to be adapted to these trucks (GM replica), and I know guys have used GM fenders before, and I also know guys have 'bubbled' bedsides to house dually rears, my question regards using flareside fenders. Why isn't that used more, can it even be used? I'd imagine grafting flareside fenders into the bedside would be extremely doable and add an extra 'ford look' to it. Only issue I can think of is if the wheel wells are open enough to house the tires, or if they'd just be above the tires.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I think the fenders would house the dually tires alright, it would be just a matter of the work involved trying to graft the fender on the bedside. I'm not sure.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I was just curious was all. I've just never been a fan of adding non-Ford parts to a Ford...and I figured if the Arrowmark/GM fenders had to be grafted on, why could Ford flareside fenders???? I don't have any need for this, but I see guys all the time digging and searching for aftermarket dually fenders, but if the flare fenders fit...it should just be a matter of opening a catalog and ordering.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Since it's been revived, I'm in the process of allocating a couple pairs of Bump F600 fenders to see what I can do to build a fibreglass mold just for this purpose... If I can find Dent fenders that'll be on my list as well, unless I can "adjust" the Bump mold to look correctly...

There was a build thread somewhere on the Internet about a guy that put a powerstroke in a crew cab dent. He cut the rear tub heaps of times an bent it out and filled with more sheet. it looked good, I try find a pic

primetime

sawmill slave
Since it`s back from the dead. The only problem I see with flare side fenders is that they bolt onto a flat panel, so you will need some skill to adapt them to the contours of a style side box. completely doable if you have a little metal working skill.

Oh, and I lust for every dually that has been posted.:D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts