Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

January 2015 Truck Of The Month

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Congrats to Fellro, his truck is January 2015 TOTM !

Congrats Roger!!

Last edited by a moderator:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Congrats Roger...

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
Thanks everyone!

It has run a lot of miles pulling trailers and hauling loads in the bed, rarely run for a daily. I do plan to replace the box and patch up what rust it has before it gets worse. It made several runs to South Dakota to bring back some vintage tin as well. I also did a rescue run for my uncle where we ran to Columbia, Mo, picked up some cattle, delivered them to New York midstate via Cleveland, then south to Scranton, Pa, and then on into Virginia. Came home through the Virgina to Kentucky mountains and kept up with the big rigs pulling the hills with a 30' horse trailer with some horses and a load of windows tucked into the living quarters. It likely was all of 20,000 pounds total weight. It's no speed demon, but it will get the job done. Thinking about doing a 5 speed swap, as I have everything to do it now. Sad thing is, the clutch hasn't gotten that many miles on it.

Congratulations Rodger.. I always enjoy seeing and hearing about trucks doing "the job they were bought for".

Fellro

Staff member
I agree, I think that is my favorite part as well.

Fellro

Staff member
T-18 correct? If the spline count and shaft length is the same wouldn't the clutch be a non issue???

T19, but the ZF and the T19 will not share clutch components on diesels. Dual mass vs single mass setups.

Fellro

Staff member
There is definitely that, as I have a few sitting around myself...

Fellro

Staff member
Clutch disc is different all the same. The single mass is made by Luk The splines are the same, but the depth relationship and the springs are all different. There are some combos that can be played, but it is not perfect.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
It's nice to see an honest working truck make the monthly highlights. Congrats Roger!!

My own 86 is still hauling firewood and building supplies - has about 357,000 on the chassis now.

Fellro

Staff member
I really have no idea how many rounds the clock has made on mine, but I am certain it is well over 1 round.... The motor was a rebuild not terrible long before I got it. The ol' 6.9 still pulls hard... Did finally have to do the injection pump. It was a good runner, but kinda picky. When I have all kinds of money to throw at it, I want to get a baby Moose pump... Not interested in pushing it to the point I need the full Moose.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts