Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 6

Generation 6 1973-1979 F100, F150, F250, F350

Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
I had several Ford trucks...and my 79 Bronco was my favorite. I had to sell it to buy my first house and always had the desire to get another.
Edit...when I bought it, I had plans just to drive it, however after storing it the first winter unheated it began to leak everything. I was just going to regasket what was needed and leave it at that. Then I thought "well, I can't put a clean engine in that dirty compartment"...and thus began the slippery slope
Cool, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTfball68 View Post
Ah...the good ol' slippery slope, makes me wonder, what innate instinct causes it.
I think I have it in me, Ben!

2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 01:14 PM
That's how we roll!

73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
Don't forget to send Duncan the vents.

LOL thanks. It's only been like 8 months or so since I said I would

New Jersey Chapter Leader:Click here to Join

Click for Woodbridge, New Jersey Forecast
Old 06-23-2011, 01:29 PM
You Had to be There

blackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What do you guys think of this line of gauges?...I would have preferred the Ford ones by Autometer, but the line is limited. I need to have oil pressure, trans temp, water temp, voltage and tach.
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugeli...&opid=1&szid=2

The other ones I'm considering:
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugeli...&opid=1&szid=2
Well since you asked, I don't like either
I prefer Isspro EV2 gauges www.isspro.com/ev2.php

Great source for purchase www.dieselmanor.com/default.asp

BTW quit posting questions in locked threads

"Might have won a suit, but what does that prove? You play the hand you're dealt and move on." -polarbear-

06 F350 CC SB 6.0 4x4, Suburban Ford (Thanks Ernie)
04 F350 CC SB 6.0 4x4, Van Bortel Ford (Thanks Jeff) [Traded 05/2006]

"Senator Obama's foreign policy seems to be somewhere between Rodney King's "Can't we just get along?" and Alfred E. Neuman's "What, me worry?" Thomas Sowell
Old 06-23-2011, 01:49 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhat620 View Post
Well since you asked, I don't like either
I prefer Isspro EV2 gauges www.isspro.com/ev2.php

Great source for purchase www.dieselmanor.com/default.asp

BTW quit posting questions in locked threads
Not my fault you were too slow..
Thanks for that link Greg!...I'd not heard of those before!
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:38 PM
You Had to be There

blackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond reputeblackhat620 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not my fault you were too slow..
Thanks for that link Greg!...I'd not heard of those before!
Isspro is located in Portland OR and has been in business since about 1950. They have been long time OEM suppliers to the OTR, Off Highway & Marine industry.

BTW I type slow for you Canucks so you have time to process the language translation from English to French

"Might have won a suit, but what does that prove? You play the hand you're dealt and move on." -polarbear-

"Senator Obama's foreign policy seems to be somewhere between Rodney King's "Can't we just get along?" and Alfred E. Neuman's "What, me worry?" Thomas Sowell
Old 06-23-2011, 04:16 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhat620 View Post
Isspro is located in Portland OR and has been in business since about 1950. They have been long time OEM suppliers to the OTR, Off Highway & Marine industry.

BTW I type slow for you Canucks so you have time to process the language translation from English to French
Interesting...and the second part of your reply has been duly noted for future consideration..
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 PM
You Had to be There

Quote:
Interesting...and the second part of your reply has been duly noted for future consideration..
ROFLMAO

Old 06-24-2011, 05:30 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Well, I know I said that I was going to keep the original 3.50 gears and change the transmission 1st and 2nd gear to help out, but now I'm having a waffle about going to 3.73's...no deeper as I've already got the true trac for the front.
The truck came factory with L78 x 15 tires which would have been about 29'' tall...looks like going to a 31'' tire with 3.73's will put it within a few rpm of the original. Reason for the waffling is that the converter I'm getting is around 2600 stall...which at 70 mph is going to be right around that rpm with the 3.50's and a 31-32 tire...hmmmmmmm.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
If it's a wash, I'd go with the 3.73's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 PM
You Had to be There

Quote:
Well, I know I said that I was going to keep the original 3.50 gears and change the transmission 1st and 2nd gear to help out, but now I'm having a waffle about going to 3.73's...no deeper as I've already got the true trac for the front.
The truck came factory with L78 x 15 tires which would have been about 29'' tall...looks like going to a 31'' tire with 3.73's will put it within a few rpm of the original. Reason for the waffling is that the converter I'm getting is around 2600 stall...which at 70 mph is going to be right around that rpm with the 3.50's and a 31-32 tire...hmmmmmmm.
Okay Duncan why such a high stall speed on the converter????