Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 6

Generation 6 1973-1979 F100, F150, F250, F350

Old 07-05-2016, 12:09 AM
73-79 Ford Trucks Rock

Big Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the rough
Smile 78 Ford truck air conditioning Duct

Hi, I'm looking for the flexible air conditioning duct for my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat, the one I'm looking for is the flexible duct that goes to the center vents in the dash, it is a rectangular shaped thing, that goes up from the top of the air plenum box. The ford part number is as follows D3TZ18A568B. Any ideas where I might locate one like a used one in VERY GOOD usable condition, or an NOS piece preferably? Ben and Bill you guys might be able help me out on this one Thank you for your help, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2016, 03:48 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Might come up empty on that one. I've been looking for the ducting that goes to the left of the gauge cluster for quite awhile, with no luck. I did find a couple junkyard ducts that were in worse shape than mine.

I hope you fare better than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 07-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Only suggestion I'd have is to contact Green Sales...see if they have anything, or know of anyone that does. There's a website...partscounter.com or something like that, that shows obsolete parts availability. Been a while since I used it, so that might not be the exact name.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 07-06-2016, 02:52 PM
73-79 Ford Trucks Rock

Big Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the rough
Ok, thanks Ben
Old 04-08-2017, 09:37 PM

Ole Green is on a distinguished road
Did you ever find a source for that air duct?
Old 04-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Ford Parts Guru

BKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEB Ben View Post
Only suggestion I'd have is to contact Green Sales...see if they have anything, or know of anyone that does.
No Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any and it's not reproduced.

There's websites: PartsVoice.com & rearcounter.com that list obsolete parts availability.
D3TZ-19B680-B .. Center A/C Duct / Obsolete

1973/79 F100/350 & 1978/79 Bronco with factory installed integral A/C & Hi/Lo Comfort Vent System.

rearcounter.com = Just sign on and type the part number.

PartsVoice.com = Registration is required, searching for parts is free.

When typing part numbers on websites, REMOVE the spaces or hyphens, type 'em like this: D3TZ19B680B

2015 F150 XLT 2WD Stupor Crew

Last edited by BKW; 04-09-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:33 PM

Ole Green is on a distinguished road
These are the sites you are using to obtain part numbers?
Old 04-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Ford Parts Guru

BKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Green View Post
These are the sites you are using to obtain part numbers?
No.
These are two of the three sites I use to search for obsolete parts, after I look up the part numbers in Ford car/truck parts catalogs.

2015 F150 XLT 2WD Stupor Crew