Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1986 supercab

Here is the start of the rust repair

Attachments

• IMG_20160423_195515885.jpg
  • IMG_20160423_195542660.jpg
  • IMG_20160423_195621313.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Should look good when you get it done.

No project is complete without Blood Sweat and tears, but this time mostly tears, was wearing safety glasses but a piece of hot material found it way into my eye and burned and stuck. The hospital froze my eye, removed the material but it left a small black spec that doesn't affect vision . they said they can grind the spec out but said it isn't hurting anything so I left it. It was a small piece that landed over the colour part of my eye.

On a more positive note , the camshaft came in today.

Attachments

• IMG_20160425_124222996.jpg
Lookin great!...YelloThumbUp

That's what Ive been wanting to do to my engine ,pull it
out an install new gaskets & freeze plugs....:headbang:

The engine I pulled was a tired 302, burned more oil than gas , the 351 I built on the floor and hanging from the picker, pulled the mains and rods, pistons for inspection, all usable condition so big clean and reassemble, installed new oil pump, new melling cam and lifters, double roller timing set, all gaskets and seals, E5AE heads from 1986 351ho, the E7 from the 351 i am using were no good, so i removed thermactor bumps from the exhaust ports, ported and blended the heads, new valve seals, new water pump, new starter, new flywheel, budget in mind on this engine. I'm going to rebuild the Holley 4v that came on the 351ho and use that.

The engine I pulled was a tired 302, burned more oil than gas , the 351 I built on the floor and hanging from the picker, pulled the mains and rods, pistons for inspection, all usable condition so big clean and reassemble, installed new oil pump, new melling cam and lifters, double roller timing set, all gaskets and seals, E5AE heads from 1986 351ho, the E7 from the 351 i am using were no good, so i removed thermactor bumps from the exhaust ports, ported and blended the heads, new valve seals, new water pump, new starter, new flywheel, budget in mind on this engine. I'm going to rebuild the Holley 4v that came on the 351ho and use that.

That should pull that hefty 4x4!...:)

Does that tranny mat up to the 351?

I'm not a purist by any means, Today I finished building some throttle linkage for the Rochester Quadra Jet on top. This Q-Jet has bolt on linkage. Here is a pic plate , I dont have a vise, couldn't find my vice grips, so freehand with a drill and angle grinder, I got er done.

Attachments

• IMG_20160517_201924486.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts