Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

this time 26,265 miles on an oil change customer Silverado

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
This is the 2nd change of AMSOIL signature series on this customers vehicle. First time I tested at 16k miles. And changed at 20k.

This time we stretched to 25 was goal but missed and hit 26 and change.. 1 qt top off.

Truck now has 202k miles on it.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

Explain what we are looking for here? I've never had my oil tested before, i'm sitting on 11K on a Shell Rolo full syn change. Looking at Schaeffer's or going back to my ol trust Royal P in my 6.4 PS.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Explain what we are looking for here? I've never had my oil tested before, i'm sitting on 11K on a Shell Rolo full syn change. Looking at Schaeffer's or going back to my ol trust Royal P in my 6.4 PS.

Well each section is broke down to exact everything.

Basics are viscosity, too low and it loses film strength, and won't be good underload. And TBN total base number is is the active. Additives and their ability to fight wear and absorb dirt. The max lowest you really wanna go is a 1.0. Prefer no lower than a 2.0.

And obviously oils with a higher TBN to start will typically last longer. But the loss of aTbn is not perfectly linear. It can fluctuate.

Ford Truck Articles