Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Any Ontarians going to Arthur?

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
if that was a week later i may consider coming and pay visit as that is the week we do shut down for season change over. if you go post up pictures.

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
I will, Mike. There's a chance I may not go. I wished I was more mechaniclly inclined. My starter is acting up. My uncle hammered it and it starts ok but says my brushes r done. It'l last about 20 starts. I just ordered a starter rebuild kit that has brushes, bearings, a part that looks like a gas cap and a set of washers.

It all depends if I get that fixed in time.

Tyl

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
if i had a little more time to spare i would come up and help you out. but u will also be gone for a week or so .

tylstruck

Mike, no offense, but bite your tongue hahha. I'm 8hrs north-west of Toronto and that's how many dollars per mile/km for fuel from NY. Quite the trek. I would much rather you spent the "Fix Tyl's Starter" budget on Meaghan's (your unborn's name, if I read/remember correctly) nursary or college fund.

Tyl

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
no problem i was just offer a hand for a friend

I have bee there the last two years and had a great time...BUT the only problem with this show that its the same weekend I usually go to Michigan for the NASCAR race!!! I have been planning on going BUT that could change because I might not be able to afford going to Michigan and I should know what I am doing sometime this week!!!

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Damn, mini-canadian meet anyone? I live like 15 mins from Arthur.

tylstruck

It would be a pleasure meeting you, Gord and Ryan and anyone else out there. Am moving to London at the end of sept. so am bringing the '79 wwith the '78 in tow via a towbar to sell both down there. I'll drive them to North Bay on the way back where the buyer will pick both up and mom will pick up me and dad there to head home, truckless.

What will I do?

Tyl

tylstruck

Rig's all warm and ready to go, I know. There's a mistress of mine, standing in line. I know, it's the same old story. Wishing I was at home when I'm on the road. And wishing I was on the road when I'm here at home. Maybe it's the gypsy in me, that keeps me on the road like a dog chasing cars. Don't get to far, I love to feel the wind.

Dad and I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Arthur. We will be staying in Orillia on friday night. There's a huge car show there that weekend also. We will browse all sat. morning there and truck down after lunch to Barrie, take Hwy 9 west to Arthur. Should be there before the big pork and corn roast on sat. night. We will leave monday morningfor home.

We are coming down with my uncle's tent trailer. There's two twin beds availlable if you're considering going but have no place to stay. We will have ma's cell phone with us. (705)335-0126.

Hope to meet some other Ford Fanatics out there.

Tyl

Last edited:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I'll do my best to get my Mom to let me borrow the car to go and check it out. Honestly, with the big garage sale and moving stuff I'm not sure if I'll get a chance..

tylstruck

Ryan, do call. Dad, I and the truck would be most pleased to help you move if needed it be on monday. Dad's off till thursday.

Or for a quick hello in Orangeville as we truck by.

Tyl

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Majority of the stuff will likely be moved by then, we've got a trailer and truck. Thanks for the offer, though. I would like to go, I'll just have to play it by ear. :)

Ford Truck Articles