Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

First Post!

Hello FTF! I have a 1950 F1 that is untouched and will be beginning the restro / hotrod process here in the coming months. I hope to learn a lot from the members here and I look forward to our future interactions!

Dave

:welcome:

Welcome to the site, dave. when you get a sec maybe fill in your location code so we know where you are.

....and oh, pictures, we like pictures.

:post pics:

Maybe shouldn't tell you this but this is what 3 years and a lot of money looks like! ;)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Congrats....remember:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
:welcome:

Welcome to the site, dave. when you get a sec maybe fill in your location code so we know where you are.

....and oh, pictures, we like pictures.

Maybe shouldn't tell you this but this is what 3 years and a lot of money looks like! ;)

You beat me to it...:wavey:

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Welcome Dave! Post away and join in as much as you can. I'm glad you're here with or without pictures - ha!

I'll try to get some pictures up soon. I'm going to do a frame off, box the frame, mustang II the front end, 8.8 or 9-inch rear the back, and drop a 316 stroker (of course a Ford) with a T-70 turbo and a C-4 tranny. I just got out of the mustang / drag racing hobby and decided to rod an old truck.

Here are a few pics. Mostly untouched...sprayed flat black some years ago and has 20" wheels on the back and 17" wheels on the front, but other than that it's unmolested.

IMAG0732_zpsaa2030ed.jpg

IMAG0734_zps8074d102.jpg

IMAG0733_zps07cc5f4a.jpg

IMAG0742_zpsd1b207a3.jpg

I got a PM but since I don't have 10 posts yet I can't reply. So to answer the question:

I didn't paint the truck, I bought it that way. It doesn't appear that there has been any rust repair or patch work done. It does have rusted through spots on the fenders, mainly on the front where the fender and the front extension meet, and then a little near where the running boards attach. Other than that the only major rust I've found is on the piece under the tailgate, around the shifter on the floor, and the front panel of the bed. I'll be cutting all the rusted through spot out and rewelding sheet metal in once I get to doing the body work.

probably my favorite truck, i wanna build one someday probably a new 302 out of a boss mustang with a well built tranny and 9 inch rear.

BUCKEYE BOB

Florida Chapter member
welcome to ftf & congratulations on your truck that sure is a nice one
i have a 51 f1 with a jag ifs-302-aod-373 gears--you might want to
think about the jag ifs it was made for our trucks-i love it

Here are some more pics as I start to tear it down.

IMAG0747_zps751eaed4.jpg

IMAG0748_zps259fa806.jpg

IMAG0751_zps85e67aad.jpg

Thank god for PB Blaster! Only had to grind / drill three of the bolts so far. Fingers crossed for the same luck throughout the tear down. Only found one surprise so far...the bed was welded to the frame some years ago, presumably after the wood rotted and the sheet of steel was used to replace it. I'll be able to salvage the side panels I think, but I'm in for some cutting. I'll sacrifice the bed over the frame, so wish me luck.

welcome to ftf & congratulations on your truck that sure is a nice one
i have a 51 f1 with a jag ifs-302-aod-373 gears--you might want to
think about the jag ifs it was made for our trucks-i love it

As a follow up to this, looking at the Jag IFS engine mounts I may run into issues when I go to run the headers for the turbo. Rear exit headers seem to be fine, it's just the front exit headers that seem like they'll lead directly into the engine mounts. Other than that they do seem to look fairly straight forward.

Ford Truck Articles