Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New thread; gen 1 discussion......

tinman52

Tin bender
I got all of my clutch parts ready to go back in, just waiting on some new flywheel bolts. Fingers crossed hoping this fixes it.......if not I'm switching to an automatic!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You can't go wrong with an automatic...it will be a happy day when manuals go the way of the Dodo bird :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Don't tell me you have a slush box in that Shelby... that would be blasphemy!

If it would have been offered, there would have been one :D

tinman52

Tin bender
You can't go wrong with an automatic...it will be a happy day when manuals go the way of the Dodo bird :D
I love a stick shift.....almost everything I own is manual. Sometimes they try my patience tho.

SUCCESS!!!!! Got the trans back in the truck and the clutch works smooth as glass. Exactly how it should be.....
Anyhow I'm a happy camper now!

On to the next "problem".....heck, I may even work on the COE! :)

tinman52

Tin bender
Picked up a cool old 6v marine tach at the swapmeet.......hope it works! Will try to hook it up this weekend.

dscn0581h.jpg

tinman52

Tin bender
Been working on some driveability issues on the flatty...it's missing at higher rpms. Also has a vibration, possibly from the misfiring.
Still has the faint knock as well, I.m thinking about pulling the engine to check more "in depth".
Sucks to do this during cruisin season.......but I don't want to do serious damage to it either.

tinman52

Tin bender
Wow, it's been a busy summer so far! My blue truck has been parked since June, when I found many "sparkles" in the oil. I drove it once since and the RH water pump started pouring out coolant....so now it's parked again till I have time. Bummer.
Engine will come out to check bearings and get new cam, lifters and valves.

BUCKEYE BOB

Florida Chapter member
Not much to say i have been driving old blue a lot & really enjoying it,nothing like getting your truck on the road,i just got an Edelbrock 500 installed & now she runs a lot better .i was getting about 10 mpg now i have to check it again i am running a 302-aod-373 rear

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts