Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

May Chat Thread

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Been swamped with work the last few days. Instead of some one bringing one computer or laptop to be fixed. They are dropping off 4-5 at a time.
The singles that are dropped off are major screwed up. The one I just finished here a minute ago had over 20,000 infected files and more or less had to rebuild the OS as so many files were pooched.
Laptops have busted power ports and other hardware problems that require disassembley and tedious soldering on the Motherboard .

Another month and we better remember Mothers Day!

Smokey, when I retire from the NRA in 5 years I should do some part-time work for you. I'm a Network Engineer at the defender of our 2nd amendment!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Evening all. Smokey, what makes the lap top screen blank out when you move it? If you keep fooling with it's position, it will come back, but when you bump it, it clears itself again

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
For an older Cheap lap top, with Vista, I guess a new one would be my best move then?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
A new cable is only 10 or so bucks and a little time pulling it apart.
You can find the manuals or a youtube video how to. The worst part is finding parts for a older laptop.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Been swamped with work the last few days. Instead of some one bringing one computer or laptop to be fixed. They are dropping off 4-5 at a time.
The singles that are dropped off are major screwed up. The one I just finished here a minute ago had over 20,000 infected files and more or less had to rebuild the OS as so many files were pooched.
Laptops have busted power ports and other hardware problems that require disassembley and tedious soldering on the Motherboard .

That's a lot of infections.

Another month and we better remember Mothers Day!
smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hey Randy, quick question....when upgrading from XP to 7 pro but using the 32 bit version cause I'm not sure the xp computer is 64 bit, will that new 7 have any networking or sharing problems with a new computer with 7 pro running 64 bit?

I've been seeing online that the old xp can go to 64 but may have some driver glitches and such.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Hey Randy, quick question....when upgrading from XP to 7 pro but using the 32 bit version cause I'm not sure the xp computer is 64 bit, will that new 7 have any networking or sharing problems with a new computer with 7 pro running 64 bit?

I've been seeing online that the old xp can go to 64 but may have some driver glitches and such.

Shouldn't have no problems unless some of your external devices are really old and out dated.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Good morning all. Decided to try and fix the lap top. cable is $10. It's already broke, so I can't hurt it, lol

Thanks for the tip Smokey!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Finding all the screws is a good task too. I am opening it up before ordering the cable, to make sure I get the right one.
Do you know of a cheap replacement battery vendor?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Check amazon cheapest ones I found are there.
What model and make is it. I may have the manual for it already and can send you the instructions to disassemble only what you need. Most times yu don't have to totally disassemble them for a vid ribbon.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
presairo CQ60 model# CQ60-419. Ser # NV243VA#AEA.

Ford Truck Articles