Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Is it too much to ask for matching interior door panels, a tailgate, and a straight front bumper for my $8500?

Nice enough truck – but nowhere near $8500 nice.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Basically , its a heavy tow package. Looks like a decent price on that truck.

I agree! AC and everything, just no 4wd.

What's a "trailer special" ?

There were 2 categories for the Trailer Special.

Light duty trailer towing package:
Good for towing up to 2,000lbs.
This package included a heavy duty radiator, external oil cooler, seven lead trailer harness, heavy duty turn signal flasher and the Trailer Special emblem on the T-gate.

Heavy duty trailer towing package:
Good for towing up to 6,000lbs.
This package included a heavy duty alternator,heavy duty battery, HD rear shocks, bigger radiator, rear sway bar, swing out recreational mirrors, amp meter, oil pressure gauge, HD front springs, external oil cooler and the Trailer Special emblem on the T-gate.

Trailer Specials are not specific to 250/350's. Bronco's were also available as a Trailer Special. Mine being one of them.

Thanks Guys - i'd never heard the term before.

This package included a heavy duty radiator, external oil cooler, seven lead trailer harness, heavy duty turn signal flasher and the Trailer Special emblem on the T-gate.

This package included a heavy duty alternator,heavy duty battery, HD rear shocks, bigger radiator, rear sway bar, swing out recreational mirrors, amp meter, oil pressure gauge, HD front springs, external oil cooler and the Trailer Special emblem on the T-gate.

Trailer Specials are not specific to 250/350's. Bronco's were also available as a Trailer Special. Mine being one of them.

But when did they actually stop using the "trailer Special" emblem on the tailgate ?

Fellro

Staff member

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup

Thanks, Scott. Good explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles