Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Pre 1948 Discussion

Old 05-16-2015, 07:39 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, Baby!

Estate sale from Cody, Wyoming. 1940 Ford Pickup, restored.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-100-P...m=281693687604

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2015, 08:07 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
289 and a slushbox aren't my idea of "restored", but it's sure purty...

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 05-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
True.

Quote:
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Old 05-17-2015, 02:39 AM
Flatheads Forever

mtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond repute
A lot of guys don't know the difference between "restored" and "rebuilt" as there are dozens of things that are non-stock, but its still a nice looking rig...

$50,000? Not where I come from
Old 05-17-2015, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
I like that it's advertised as an F100.

Was a 1940 called an F-1 or just a pickup?

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 05-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

I don't think they used the F-1 moniker until 1948, so the F100 term is definitely out.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-17-2015, 07:46 PM
73-79 Ford Trucks Rock

Big Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the rough
My father had a 1941 Ford pickup, but I also agree with Fatherdoug about the F-Series being introduced in 1948, for 1998 was the 50th anniversary of the F-Series. 1953 was the first year of the F-100, F-250, F-350, etc., and in 1975 the F-Series line up changed again with the addition of the F-150 to get around the emissions regulations with a higher GVW rating for the half ton. In 1978 there was another couple of changes one was the addition of the Ranger Lariat, which was the high end truck in the F-Series, and the other was a Louisville patterned grille which was a miniature version of the Louisville grille.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:24 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Estate sale from Cody, Wyoming. 1940 Ford Pickup, restored.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-100-P...m=281693687604
Beautiful truck.....but Doug, I never understood why people would sink $50k in a rebuild and not spend a few more grand on AC and AT.....I understand the nostalgia of a standard shift, but anyone willing to fork out that kind of dough is going to want some comfort during the summer months of cruising and not worry or care about manual transmission.

That said, it is a beautifully done truck....the dash is stunning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtflat View Post
A lot of guys don't know the difference between "restored" and "rebuilt" as there are dozens of things that are non-stock, but its still a nice looking rig...

$50,000? Not where I come from
Ummm....pretty sure a build like this can get up that high.....pain can be $10-20k....ask Duncan.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 05-18-2015, 07:02 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
Beautiful truck.....but Doug, I never understood why people would sink $50k in a rebuild and not spend a few more grand on AC and AT.....I understand the nostalgia of a standard shift, but anyone willing to fork out that kind of dough is going to want some comfort during the summer months of cruising and not worry or care about manual transmission.

That said, it is a beautifully done truck....the dash is stunning!

Ummm....pretty sure a build like this can get up that high.....pain can be $10-20k....ask Duncan.
That is an automatic transmission, Ken. It's just in a different place.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-18-2015, 08:39 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That is an automatic transmission, Ken. It's just in a different place.
Oops...my bad.....the stick shift in the cab threw me off.....always looking for either the small shifter on the floor or on the column. Sorry about that.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."