Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Curious

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Dear Canadians,
Do you occasionally get an American quarter in your change?​

Sincerely, curious.

:wavey:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dear Curious,
Yes we do and depending on how close to the USA border a person is dictates to a degree how many :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Good question...because I bet I get some sort of Canadian coinage once every couple of weeks.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
And along this topic...I got a USA Visa a while back as I was getting pissed on the principle alone of getting a 2% exchange added to my purchases. :icon_mecker:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I once threw a couple American quarters into a Canadian tollbooth...so I suppose I'm partially responsible for the problem... 'hiding_smilie'

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
i dont look that closely...

are there size differences between them or no? if not, im sure i've had some before.. just never realized it..

The quarters are slightly smaller. The pennies are virtually the same size, I can only tell them apart if I actually read what's on it.

I see lots of Canadian coins, being as close to the border as I am. Heck, I've got $45 Canadian in my wallet right now, from the last time I was up there.

I actually collect US currency and still trying to get all the states quarters from 2005

basic change for when I'm down there to spend it
and USD bank account for when I need folding money or for travellers cheques

I have a few sets of collectable coins

and

a chitload of quarters, dimes, and nickels for US visits,.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
This is a really legit question. More than a few times I get Canadian change out of vending machines.

Ryan

And you and I are HOW far from Canada? About 800 miles I think!!

I get Canadian change in my store all the time and the bank won't even accept it so I have to pass it off to customers that don't pay attention to the coin change.

I just find that really weird.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Odd that your bank won't take it, here it doesn't make any difference for the most part.

Ford Truck Articles