Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
76scs...was never a big fan of scs's until you came around...got some good looks at pics, and really got me hankering one. They seem to be real cheap on ebay too. I was looking at a 4x4 converted 76 in Durham over Christmas...it was sick, still wish I coulda bought that truck, the price was right, I went back home to think it over, and I got a call the next day telling me it sold for asking price. I still kick myself with that one. 76scs...you don't have any stored red interior parts in great condition you'd be willing to part with do you?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
It's all in good fun. I actually talk to 76scs on aim sometimes. He seemed to learn from his lesson I guess. At least he posted pics of his own truck. Gotta give him credit for that one :). And yes I want an SCS now too Ben :shocked:

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Did I miss something.....?

Nothing to see here Tex...There was some house cleaning, and if you want anymore details, shoot me a PM.

Now...what I wanna see are some blinged out photos under the hood of some of these good looking dents. I'd post pics of mine...but it's not much to look at, pretty dirty at the moment anyways. And the Bronco, well all she has going for her is that sweet Holley carb and an intake, unless of course you guys like the 'covered in oil' look.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
I love your truck!
I wish my truck was that clean!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Maybe one day it will :). Start working on it already.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Don't worry before I die it will be as nice as Ranger429's truck...

As young as you are, It would be an idea to start saving now, maybe look at getting some bodywork or mechanical skills so that when you start to rebuild your truck, you can do alot of the work yourself and someday you'll have what you want.

I could read this thread over and over and not ever get tired of looking at all these nice trucks.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Just start by doing some little things to it on the weekends and make some progress then you will get motivated to keep doing more and learning more to fix it up. There is some stuff you can do for little to no money to get started.

As young as you are, It would be an idea to start saving now, maybe look at getting some bodywork or mechanical skills so that when you start to rebuild your truck, you can do alot of the work yourself and someday you'll have what you want.

Sound words of advice. I can't even imagine what it would of cost me had someone else done all the work.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Sound words of advice. I can't even imagine what it would of cost me had someone else done all the work.

Yeah I know what you mean,Body-Work can be very expensive...:nana:

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
If you ever take a trip up north, stop by my place. I'd help ya out...

One of my dads very good friends lives in Montana...
Boy this thread sure has gotten off-topic...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

I agree too. The more money saved, the more that can go in your truck...haha. Plus, there is always that satisfaction you get for saying, 'yeah I changed the oil,' all the way up to 'yeah I did that frame off.'

Best thing my dad ever did for me was when I was about 14...he bought a junker, threw it in back on the concrete slab and told me to have it. Told me he wanted a wrench to touch every bolt...and it did. That said, I still have a problem putting stuff back together...haha.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
you have a way of doing that buddy.

Yeah...and you're contributing...Can we please get back to pics?

To my surprise, I saw three...count 'em 1-2-3 dentsides today on campus. Pretty sure I've only ever seen a total of 8 on campus in 3.5 years til today. Wish I woulda taken some pics.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles