Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen 6 SuperCab Club

I just realized I explained my qestion poorly. I'm talking about the rear quarter window in the extended cab part. I have the pop out windows, not that I even know if it matters. There are two little holders that hold the window and let it hinge when it's popped out. I guess I have a two part question: 1. How to get the windows out without breaking the clips or bending my cab metal where they attatched. 2. Can I replace those pop out windows with non pop out ones? And will the new stationary window gasket cover the two slits where the hinges went? I plan to get all new rubber for the windows but if the new gaskets wont cover the holes that will be just another easy place for rust to invade.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you were saying?

Fellro

Staff member
I know the rubber for the stationary windows fits the pinch weld, can't say on the pop out windows... I have the rubber and glass for the stationary windows.

I just realized I explained my qestion poorly. I'm talking about the rear quarter window in the extended cab part. I have the pop out windows, not that I even know if it matters. There are two little holders that hold the window and let it hinge when it's popped out. I guess I have a two part question: 1. How to get the windows out without breaking the clips or bending my cab metal where they attatched. 2. Can I replace those pop out windows with non pop out ones? And will the new stationary window gasket cover the two slits where the hinges went? I plan to get all new rubber for the windows but if the new gaskets wont cover the holes that will be just another easy place for rust to invade.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you were saying?

Yu should start a NEW thread with your question. That way maybe Dennis will see it and hopefully he has the picture of the hinge clips scanned.

I know how to get them out but its hard to explain without the picture.

Ford Truck Articles