Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

need help figuring out my 390

i have a 67 f250, the issue i am having is that the head gasket is blown, BUT it has a 390 not a 352, so i do not know what parts to order, due to i know nothing about where this engine came from because it is not from this truck, and my uncle is not the original owner, so i doubt he knows where the engine came from either, can someone help me find out what this motor is out of so i can make sure i have the proper parts???

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Block stampings would help identify what it is. But I'm under the impression a 390 head gasket is a 390 head gasket is a 390 head gasket.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Fel Pro Head gasket set..this is a full head gasket set for the 360-390 68-76

Part# HS8554PT Gives you all the upper end gaskets..ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK THE GASKETS BY LAYING THEM ON THE CLEANED BLOCK SUFACE AND MATCHING UP THE WATER PASSAGES,CYLINDER BORES,BOLT HOLES ECT,before ASSEMBLY..You may also take the old gasket with you if it can be removed in one piece or take pics of the combustion surface's...Hope this helps.....

Fel Pro Head gasket set..this is a full head gasket set for the 360-390 68-76

Part# HS8554PT Gives you all the upper end gaskets..ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK THE GASKETS BY LAYING THEM ON THE CLEANED BLOCK SUFACE AND MATCHING UP THE WATER PASSAGES,CYLINDER BORES,BOLT HOLES ECT,before ASSEMBLY..You may also take the old gasket with you if it can be removed in one piece or take pics of the combustion surface's...Hope this helps.....

thx buzz, sorry i was a little impatient guys, but i need this done, as this truck will be my daily driver for awhile, and i wanna make sure it is done right.

Ford Truck Articles