Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

71 F-100

primetime

sawmill slave
I bought myself a 71 F-100 tonight. My friend that scraps got it on a pawn deal. It`s got the tall tower of power, a creeper 4-speed, it`s 2wd, pretty solid, and it runs and is driveable. It just need some brake work. I`ll get some pics tomorrow or Sunday.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool...looking forward to seeing pics.

primetime

sawmill slave
Baby blue, custom, long box. It will make a nice summer driver. Man, is the little woman gonna be MAD. Good thing she is out of state for the rest of the month.:rolling laugh:

tower of power, is that a straight six?
maybe you could tell your woman that at least you didn't travel out to Cody, WY for a truck, lol.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
The Doghou....ummm Mancave is ready for you Justin..hehe Ive been on those shoes several times early in our marriage..lol.

^^^ Yep spittle in your face and ears peeled back by the force and volume of noise

primetime

sawmill slave
Hauled it home today. My buddy even let it go with the fairly new Interstate battery that was in it, which was still holding a charge four months after being dropped off. The choke cable isn`t being all it can be, so I couldn`t get it to start. Not that it would have driven out any ways. We drug it out with his tractor. How about some pictures.

This where it was hanging out.
SANY01262.JPG

On the trailer back at the ranch.
SANY01272.JPG

SANY01301.JPG

SANY01282.JPG

Flex o matic suspension. The first one I`ve seen in the flesh believe it or not.
SANY0129.JPG

The 240 cu in tall tower of power.
SANY01311.JPG

It even came with a lucky (i hope) horse shoe, and an uncracked dash pad.
SANY0132.JPG

Swinging speaker box.
SANY0133.JPG

And some more good stuff.
SANY0134.JPG

Did you notice the gas can on the seat? It has a locking gas cap on it, and the guy who pawned it said there wasn`t a key. So they cut the line and ran a hose through the door, into the can on the seat. Well, I was looking at the key ring that has three extra keys on it, one of which says FUEL, and unlocks the cap. High ons.:hammer:

So there it is. I`ll cover some more stuff a little later.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm digging the speaker bar and the fancy wiring :D

primetime

sawmill slave
I did a little snooping today, and according to the DSO, it was originally sold in the Salt Lake city area. It also has a Colorado air program (emissions?) sticker that expired 10/96 on the windshield. The codes also indicate that it has a T-18, and 3.70 gears.

I wasn`t going to mess with it today, because there was other stuff I could have been doing, but... it had to be unloaded, right? So I soaked the choke cable with Break-Away, rehooked the fuel line to the seat tank, than fogged into town since my gas can was empty. So how about some pics?

Ya`ll are digging the fuel line, aren`t you?
SANY0138.JPG

SANY0139.JPG

It`s alive! It`s hard to see because the temp was in the mid thirties, but that`s exhaust fog in the lower right corner of the pic.

SANY0142.JPG

And just for Duncan! And my inner nit picker. Some body sure liked the wire nuts.
SANY0140.JPG

SANY0141.JPG

I was on my way back from town and a buddy was walking in to his house. So I called him up and said come on over. I put fuel in it and fired it up. It ran for a while on the trailer, no smoke, knocks, or rattles. Then I backed it off the trailer and we took her for a ride. The steering isn`t real sloppy, though it will need some attention, the gas gauge is the only one that doesn`t work, the lights seem to work, and it blows heat. All was going well until the fuel filter plugged and we had to walk a half mile back to the house to get the big pig and pull it back. We had fun regardless.

Next up is making the brakes tip top, and a floor pan and front cab mounts. (You didn`t think it was THAT solid, did you?:D)

And I appreciate the comments guys, but I don`t know how to multi quote, and I don`t want to make a bunch of one quote posts. So, thanks for the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading it all.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool pics Justin and you have to love those connections! :rofl:

primetime

sawmill slave
It`s aliiive. Again. I had put on a new fuel, and it lasted about 10 minutes. So it sat sat in the yard. So Sunday I pulled the seat tank. Holy rust. The only thing saveing that one is a new tank. Lucky for me an extra tank had been added, and it`s plastic. Yay! I switched the lines threw a new filter on it, and fired it up. I lose the gas gauge (didn`t work anyways), and filling it with a five gallon required some improvising, but I got her otter. So how about some pitchers?

No wonder the gas gauge didn`t work, even after I hooked the wires back up.

SANY0150.JPG

That`s some nastiness. Keep in mind this filter only ran ten minutes. That should give you an idea of what came out of the seat tank.

SANY0151.JPG

And just for fun, the plate it will be registered with.

SANY0152.JPG

I love me a driveway full of FoMoCo.

SANY0153.JPG

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Good thing they reproduce those corner marker lights for the bed, they're scarce in the salvage yards...

Making me want to go to the local salvage yard and talk them out of the '69 f250 flare side because I now have Bump envy...

Need a 300 to swap in and use the 240 head, bumps the compression and gives it smore powah...

primetime

sawmill slave
WHOA!!! What's that back there with snow around it??

SANY0153.JPG

That would be my 69 Coug. 351w, FMX, standard hardtop.

SANY0425.JPG

SANY0424.JPG

SANY0423.JPG

You see it pretty much as I got it. It suffers from the same malady as all of my other projects. To much procrastination. My step daughter wants it in a bad way. Of course, she wants the F-100 also.

primetime

sawmill slave
Good thing they reproduce those corner marker lights for the bed, they're scarce in the salvage yards...

Making me want to go to the local salvage yard and talk them out of the '69 f250 flare side because I now have Bump envy...

Need a 300 to swap in and use the 240 head, bumps the compression and gives it smore powah...

Hehe. You`re welcome. I`m thinking four barrel and E-bay turbo for mine. Or, since I`ve never really been a straight six kind of guy, I might get bored with it and put together a mild 351. I`ve got a roller block in the garage, along with some 69 windsor heads. I also have some GT-40p heads. Too many choices.

primetime

sawmill slave
Well you know real men drive either a big block, oil burner, or a 240-300/6 and strive to avoid the 351M/400... :D

I wouldn`t touch an M/400 with a 10 foot pole and Bens hands on the other end. :rofl: Musta been Chris snuck into my garage with a 400 and tore it apart.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts