Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Me and My UNLUCKY HAND!!! ARG!!!! more problem help please..

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i was trying to take out the " tree " where the water temp sensor sits to raplace it since i broke the it. and while it spun around ( un tightening ) it chipped the fuel line and guess what its leaking :headbang: :( its the short one tha runs behind the distibutr cap.. its not long maybe 5 to 6 inches.. its made out of hard plastic kind of.. what kind oh replacement can i do ? a rubber hose would be fine?

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
i was trying to take out the " tree " where the water temp sensor sits to raplace it since i broke the it. and while it spun around ( un tightening ) it chipped the fuel line and guess what its leaking :headbang: :( its the short one tha runs behind the distibutr cap.. its not long maybe 5 to 6 inches.. its made out of hard plastic kind of.. what kind oh replacement can i do ? a rubber hose would be fine?

You can use a rubber hose, but make sure it's high pressure hose, made for fuel injection. I would only use this temporarily until you can get the OEM hose from Ford.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Bob's right, high pressure fuel leaks next to the distributor are no fun!

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
i may be wrong, but you will have to get the whole fuel rail. yeah you might be able to repair it, but i wouldnt if it was me. my luck would make a spark come out the boot and the same time the line would fail and it would be a massive fire. you should be able to find one in a boneyard somewhere very easily.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
ok ill try i know where a junkyard is.. i do not wanna fix it for temporary i wanna fix it good... with a good hose and no never look at it again

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
do i need to take of the intake plenum for changing the whole fuel rail ? if i find one ? and if i find one for a 5.0 will it work ?

if i diside to only raplace the front part the one that runs behind the dist. cap the thats about 5 to 6 inches long.. how does it come of? or it doesnt?

Last edited:

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
the upper does have to come off i believe. i strongly recomend you DO NOT repair the line that is nicked. gas is too flammable to mess with.

i know it's off topic....but the title of this thread made me wonder if Grim need a paper towel or condom. not a shot at you Grim. i'm nuts.... it's not your fault

dink.... Chris you look to deep into my stupidity

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
hahahah what ever Carl

nways. i got a super good high pressure rubber hose for fuel injection

it can hold 200 PSI and its for fuelinjection.

i will take a pic of the repair when i finish before i start it for you guys to inspect it..

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
im kind of useing it for a temporary i will continue looking for the stock replacement nylon hose .. i cant find it anywhere

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
because it is only serviced with the rail. one thing you dont play with with is pressurized gas. espeacially if you are having relay issues......

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
then what do you suggest? i get a whole new fuel rail ?

blacksnapon

Staff member
then what do you suggest? i get a whole new fuel rail ?
It isn't so much the type of hose, as it is how its attached! For safetys sake, get a complete rail. Even if you just planned on a temporary fix, you just have to get it up to operating pressure once to have a catastrophic failure.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
a new rail just for that hose? dang.. i know what you guys mean but.. dang :(
ok i will get a new one but im just going to test tomorrow try see if it will start and let it idle for like 1 hour with the hood open and a fire extengisure in my hand see how she holds up..

i took some quick bad pics ( the camara batery died one me )

sorry about the blurry pics. but you can see it there about 1/4 in on the rail.. it got dark i didnt finish it it fitd realy realy tight and i will use an hose clamp to secure it i mean come on can we give it a chance ?:(

the Hose Rater at 200 PSI : http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa217/demon6696/IMGP4769.jpg

the conection NOT ALL THE WAY IN ONLY ABOUT 1/4 with a hose clamp just sitting there ( bad pic ) : http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa217/demon6696/IMGP4770.jpg

i think i have to warm up the hose in hot water to make it soft to make it fit will it weaken the hose?

EDIT : ok i tought about it i will only use that for fixing my fuel related problem in my other post ( NOT FOR DRIVING AROUND ) and i will get a new fuel rail

this one:
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...908309+4294924929+4294849383+115&autoview=sku

what do you guys think ?

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts