Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So, you want to be a tech?

blacksnapon

Staff member
This is a post from the ford doctors site-
Fredsvt Fredsvt
Freshman Member

Loc: NJ For background, I work at an independent shop, doing many 7.3 fleet trucks.

Anyway, today a customer, who I'd rate a D, has her son's '06 Focus towed in. Her husband, and her son, already have tinkered with it.
The car has 21k on it and appears abused.

He already bought a new battery to drive it for a day or so, leaving the dead original in the trunk, with the battery hold down, and covering. The car doesn't charge, has a large 3 amp draw when key is off.

The father can't figure out how to put the stock stereo back in, as his kid has chopped up the dash, cut the dash harness and ran amp power by cutting the + cabling under the dash to the inside fuse box.

He want us to "return the car to stock" so the dealer will warranty whatever has failed in the charging/electrial system.

I see it has NO coolant visible in the degas bottle, there's no feeling of coolant in the upper hose as well. The oil is chunky black and 2 quarts low. They say they use "synthetic" and it doesn't need changing for 50,000 miles. Oh, sure.

My boss refused to touch it other than to let him know it doesn't charge and there's a draw.

Sorry if anyone here in NJ gets this car. I really hope that the powers that be do the right thing. DENY.

Do you guys see many like this at the dealership level?

------

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow... incredible...

This is why I'm glad that my truck's PO gave me a huge folder full of records of all the things he did. Every freakin' oil change is accounted for. I think he was more meticulous with it than I AM! Nah... no way, thats impossible..

There are some people like that out there. I know a guy whos kid brother bought a new jeep. He drove it 30,000 on the oil that came in it. My brother said it came out in chunks. Pour oil in, new filter, drive, repeat getting more chunks out. It took a week or so to get it to stop coming out in chunks.

No way would I want a vehicle after somone does that to it.

I keep up with maintenance pretty well (always have), but I do not keep that close of records.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Ugh.

That's the sort of thing that makes me nervous about buying newer used vehicles... If you know you're going to trade it in a couple of years, what's the incentive to maintain it to last forever?

My truck had 203k on it when I got it, and I know the guy who bought it new. Only reason he got a new one when he did was that he got a steal on a 2000 Ranger 4-banger with 25k. I don't keep records of quite everything, but I do try to save reciepts for anything anything more major than fluids and filters.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I have all my records. :)

500 miles- Oil Change
1500 miles - Oil change install Edge Juice Platinum
2500 miles - Install NxD Nitrous
5000 miles - Oil Change

19538 miles - Install engine #2. :)

blacksnapon

Staff member
The part that irritates me, is how someone abuses their vehicle, then wants to make it where someone else has to pay for their mistakes.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Maybe you should have changed your oil more frequently Todd. :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Comes time to wash it... Why not just replace the whole body Todd? You know you wanna replace that ugly graphic :rofl:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
No my friend, the American flag is a beautiful thing... And you have mutilated it... Just like you did to you truck :p

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I mutilated it? How so??
Look at your truck!! You tore the flag to shreds! Eh... I suppose the flag burning hippie inside me should care right?? :headbang:

(don't let them get to you Chris... you're NOT a hippie you're NOT a hippie you're NOT a hippie):headbang:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Look at your truck!! You tore the flag to shreds! Eh... I suppose the flag burning hippie inside me should care right??
Ah, dude, the flag ain't tore, it looks like the side of the truck is tore open so the flag can show. I would NOT have a torn flag on anything of mine!!

Here's a little bigger view for ya':
BabiesNewShoes.jpg

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts