Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Okay What do I need

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Don't forget, the whole tamale is run by the onboard computer, so what might work on a Mustang (or whatever) may not work on your Grand Marquis...or an LTD or Lincoln Town Car of the same vintage!

And, you Canucks required different emissions equipment that what was used here in the US of A.

Guess how many different computers were used in 1991? I dunno, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the total is well over 100.

Last edited:

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
I got my 351 "tuned" to the tune of 400-450 hp with an efi setup and it cost me about 2500 bucks when i could have made the same off a carbed setup for half that

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
You're just kidding with that last link right? No "one size fits all" chip for that cheap is going to make as much of a difference as they claim. By far, the best bang for buck is going to be a custom dyno tune. I'm not sure if the TwEECer or Moates programs are supportive...but definitely something to check into. Also, on the note of a programmer, you could always cross-reference ECM's to come to a conclusion on whether a tuner could be compatible.

Ford Truck Articles