Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking of buying, any opinions on $ or....

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
So, I'm seriously thinking of getting this rig......would've wanted a Gen 6 or 7, but think this may suffice for my new DD instead of the current 05 I just bought:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Ford-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Any suggestions on a max price for this thing: I'm thinking I'm willing to pay around $8k-$10k and I still need to expend another $2k or so to fly out and drive it home.

Any specific questions I should ask?

I asked:
-bed size - 6'6"
-if he would drive it cross country and he said he wouldn't hesitate
-if it's the new AC, he didn't know :)bs:) but said it blows ice cold now
-why it failed CA emissions in 16, he said he didn't know :)bs:)

Wonder if he's selling for a friend, or if it was a trade in.

Found the craigslist ad:
https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-ford-150-f150-eddie/6581446833.html

He wants or is asking $10,900. I wonder if he'll sell lower if the auction goes lower than that...it's a no reserve, so supposedly, he would have to sell it for a lower price, but he can always cancel the auction before it ends.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Ken, I can tell you that Ford switched from the old style refrigerant(R-12) to the new style refrigerant(R-134A) beginning in 1994(model year).

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
It has 134a

I have a 95 Eddie Bauer F 150
They were only made for a half year in 95, half year in 96

They are rare, especially in good shape

That one has MAF, so it is the OBD2 set up, even though it don't have the adl to connect like the 96 models
It has a FR70W trans, which is what is in the mustangs. ( NOT the E4OD)

My truck is standard cab, 6 cyl, 5 spd, same mileage. I have been offered $12,000 by one of the dealers here

I would jump on that truck if I could have it for $8-10 K

Attachments

• 2012-04-19_13-37-53_646.jpg
  • 2012-04-18_12-07-33_519.jpg
Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Pretty fair bet it's worth more in Maine than AZ in that kinda condition, too...if resale is important to you.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
I just bought a 95 f150 reg cab 8ft bed 4x4 xlt lariat 302 auto with 67450 miles crazy clean no rust Colorado tuck here in Wisconsin 45 miles from the house for $10200 out the door tax,title, lic. my kid bought a 92 f150 xlt lariat no rust with 92000 miles for $6000. so id say with over a 100k on the clock thated be a lil step on the price. there was a 96 here on CL a few weeks ago with 54000 miles on a new mexico truck and they wanted 15,000 for it but we missed it. I think an arazona truck with just over 100k on it should be in that $7500 range.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, I can tell you that Ford switched from the old style refrigerant(R-12) to the new style refrigerant(R-134A) beginning in 1994(model year).

Good to know! Thanks Doug.

It has 134a

I have a 95 Eddie Bauer F 150
They were only made for a half year in 95, half year in 96

They are rare, especially in good shape

That one has MAF, so it is the OBD2 set up, even though it don't have the adl to connect like the 96 models
It has a FR70W trans, which is what is in the mustangs. ( NOT the E4OD)

My truck is standard cab, 6 cyl, 5 spd, same mileage. I have been offered $12,000 by one of the dealers here

I would jump on that truck if I could have it for $8-10 K

This is awesome info....thanks! I think I'm going to bid and with a $2000+ delivery quote, I think I'll go as high as $8-9....still thinking about it!

Pretty fair bet it's worth more in Maine than AZ in that kinda condition, too...if resale is important to you.

100% agree with you on the value from one coast to New England....it'll go for big dollars up here without any rust, but I wouldn't be interested in reselling it....it'll be my DD and I'd sell the 05.

I just bought a 95 f150 reg cab 8ft bed 4x4 xlt lariat 302 auto with 67450 miles crazy clean no rust Colorado tuck here in Wisconsin 45 miles from the house for $10200 out the door tax,title, lic. my kid bought a 92 f150 xlt lariat no rust with 92000 miles for $6000. so id say with over a 100k on the clock thated be a lil step on the price. there was a 96 here on CL a few weeks ago with 54000 miles on a new mexico truck and they wanted 15,000 for it but we missed it. I think an arazona truck with just over 100k on it should be in that $7500 range.

GREAT info...thanks....LOVE this generation Ford...favorite is Gen 6, this is my next favorite......would the EXTRA cab make the difference in price? You said your 95 was reg cab, how about the 92 and 96......there are plenty of reg cabs with low mileage in good condition, but the reason I sold my old Dodge is because I wanted to take my boys/family with me if I need to tool around in my truck versus always HAVING to use my wife's.....it was hard to find these with exactly what I wanted....didn't want the 4 doors and/or the long bed because it was getting bigger than I wanted.

MAN, THANKS EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME MAKE THIS DECISION. I really, really like this rig....I think I'm going to bid on it now....wish me luck.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
What I want is a smaller, older, comfortable, tool around truck that I can take my family in....even my KR was a beast and big, even with the 5.5 bed, the 4 doors and extra room inside made it huge.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The brodozer/diesel rice tax has gotten insane in the 92-96/7 ford world. Only things that seem to still be bought in good shape for $5-7k are the 150's. Talking 4x4's strictly...can still get some pretty sweet 2wd deals across the board. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on your first two trucks at the $7k range.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The brodozer/diesel rice tax has gotten insane in the 92-96/7 ford world. Only things that seem to still be bought in good shape for $5-7k are the 150's. Talking 4x4's strictly...can still get some pretty sweet 2wd deals across the board. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on your first two trucks at the $7k range.

I'm doing it!!!

If you're not looking for a winter war wagon to get through 3 feet of snow, a 2wd might actually be better.

Ryan

MAN, you really got me thinking Ryan.....I'm not sure I can do that....there's something to say about the comforts of having all four wheels going when there's even just a little snow out.....I think I have to have 4wd....and not that resale is a big thing for me, but you'll NEVER sell a 2wd in Maine....not for any decent type of money the vehicle is worth anyways.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

The 96 is too big (long bed)...want something short, or as short as can be with the extra cab for the boys. I'm going to big on the 95 though and i'll make my cap 8, unless I get emotional and move it up to 9, but that would be about it I think.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^put my bid in....didn't cap it yet....strategy is to put my max cap at the very end.....try and keep emotional bidding to a minimum so price doesn't get inflated.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The 96 is too big (long bed)...want something short, or as short as can be with the extra cab for the boys. I'm going to big on the 95 though and i'll make my cap 8, unless I get emotional and move it up to 9, but that would be about it I think.

Yeah...being in Maine, you're cap probably should be higher than mine. I sometimes forget not everybody around the country has running, driving, straight and rust free 40 year old vehicles sitting around for less than $3k.

^^^put my bid in....didn't cap it yet....strategy is to put my max cap at the very end.....try and keep emotional bidding to a minimum so price doesn't get inflated.

When I was doing a lot of ebay'ing, there used to be 'sniping' tools you could use that would hold all your bids until the last 3 seconds...so you wouldn't artificially raise a price, get outbid and essentially bid yourself up.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Yeah...being in Maine, you're cap probably should be higher than mine. I sometimes forget not everybody around the country has running, driving, straight and rust free 40 year old vehicles sitting around for less than $3k.

When I was doing a lot of ebay'ing, there used to be 'sniping' tools you could use that would hold all your bids until the last 3 seconds...so you wouldn't artificially raise a price, get outbid and essentially bid yourself up.

That's cool Ben...I didn't know that.....if there is such a thing, I still don't know about it.....I do know that for a lot of local stuff, Facebook marketplace seems to be better than ebay and craigslist.....

Seems like FB, Amazon and Google are taking over the world.

I actually love the exposure FB marketplace gets from sharing and the whole friends network thing going on....far more exposure than just someone going on craigslist and looking by themselves.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Looks like a nice truck. Can't help much on pricing- paid (IMO) too much for a '95 Bronco last year. As mentioned before, we forget out here that rust-free examples of those trucks aren't rolling around just about everywhere. Most of them out here are still at work that I see.

re: transmission. It might have a 4EOD trans- they put both in '95. Look for a 20 bolt pan (4EOD) vs. a 14 bolt pan (4R70W). We've had great luck with 4EOD transmissions- over 300K on one, almost 275K on another. The secret, I think, is not to let them shift into O/D until you're doing 60mph plus (OD "off" button is my default mode)., The important thing is it doesn't have the pushbutton 4WD- that was a source of grief.

Not passing Ca emissions might be an issue- depends on what the problem is. Ca is so stringent, it's hard to say.

Good luck in any event.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Well?????I see it sold for less than you were planning on.
Did you win it?

Ford Truck Articles