Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wisconsin peeps

I am going to be moving to Wisconsin soon. But am completely unsure as to where yet.

This summer I'm going to be living like a gypsy for a month, travelling all over. Was wondering if anyone here has any ideas for towns to check out.

I do not like big cities, but do not want to be 30 miles away from anything. Preferring the southern half of the state so I can still be somewhat near family in Illinois. Any ideas?

P.S. I have been to Gratiot and like the ATV trails in that area, any other areas like that?

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
i know this kinda and old post but check out the manawa, symco, clintonville area. plenty of places to work cheap houses and taxes. small rual towns to. about 3 hours to the ill state line

Sounds good, thanks for the reply. About how far West from Lake Michigan? Or how far East of the Mississippi?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I lived in Racine...right on lake Michigan, not far from the border...but it's a dying town. I always enjoyed going to Rhinelander and Superior, but those are out in the sticks and probably too far north for you. I have a ton of family in Lacrosse...and it's not a bad place either.

Well, currently in Clintonville. Liking it so far. gonna check out Manawa tomorrow as it seems thers more stuff over there.

Now if I had something other than my PSP for web browsing...

I keep forgetting my username/pass for this page but today anyway I have it right.... I'm between Fond du Lac and Madison. It's an okay area. I grew up farming just west of the lake and feel this area is becoming to gang/thug oriented. Depends a lot on what you're looking for. Had a nice job for a few years right across 151 from where I now live.... it turned to a $**thole the last years I was there but they're still always hiring.... once the new wears off on employees, they trade em in for more useless ones. Lots of jobs round the area, and I still find myself looking 20 miles radius instead of here... new people like the area but those of us who grew up here strongly resent what it has become.

Ford Truck Articles