Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ok folks, a little more involved

Fellro

Staff member
I've seen head gaskets make an entire bank go low... but it would be possible for the one tooth to change the compression a bit I suppose... haven't dealt with dual overheads much. Rather have a chain if I can...but if the time is off late, it could bend all the valves on that bank too, if it is an interference motor.

It seems ford didn't learn anything buying Jaguar, or jaguar didn't tell them everything :rofl:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I vote "a" timing chain off one tooth. Vacuum leak won't do it, but off one tooth on the timing chain can cause one bank to have an open valve in all cylinders since on a dual cam setup one cam works the intake valves and one works the exhaust valves.

Last edited:
.... since on a dual cam setup one cam works the intake valves and one works the exhaust valves.
Ummmmm, on a DOHC V-8, I do believe that is physically impossible.
But read my retraction below, because I was wrong.

Last edited:
Ummmmm, on a DOHC V-8, I do believe that is physically impossible.
Actually, thanks to the help of a very smart friend, I found out there are such engines about.... my apologies. But at least I looked into it, right?? Oy.. to be me sucks sometimes.

So is the fact that you're still alive, but yet, you keep posting. :rofl: :nana: :rofl:
Just cuz you can't keep up is no reason to taunt....

Just cuz you can't keep up is no reason to taunt....
Hell, I gave up keep'n up with you.......so I just yield the floor to you...

Good thing; I'd mop it with you.... Nooooooo I wouldn't, yer too nice of a guy for that. But it DID sound funny, didn't it?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts