Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fukken Wax?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm anxious to see what it'll do on red paint. Ken, what paint code and name did you use for your red...I can't really tell from the pic, but that doesn't look like Ford Bright Red to me.

It's fire engine red. I have the paint code in the garage on a can I have for touch ups. It also has a purple tint to it when the sun hits it and you're at a certain angle. Looks pretty wild.

Oh, in case others were wondering, I did mention I was going to use my wife's mustang as a test car for this wax :wasntme: and she doesn't care. It's nice, but it's not a show car AND if I didn't wash that thing, it would NEVER get washed. It's a summer driver only and I put the wheels on it, so look out for pics coming up.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm anxious to see what it'll do on red paint. Ken, what paint code and name did you use for your red...I can't really tell from the pic, but that doesn't look like Ford Bright Red to me.

I don't want to confuse anyone on here.....my 77 Dent Show Truck won't see this wax until I see what it does on one of my other vehicles and right now I'm going to test it on my wife's Mustang. smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I don't want to confuse anyone on here.....my 77 Dent Show Truck won't see this wax until I see what it does on one of my other vehicles and right now I'm going to test it on my wife's Mustang. smilieFordlogo

I gotcha...and my 77 won't see this product until your 77 finishes being the guinea pig...haha.

Some of the formulas in new waxes are made specifically for certain paints.
As in clear coat or non clear coat. I'd make sure it won't peel the clear coat before I used it.
The one I have is made for non clear coat paint

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Clearcoat vs non clear coat, all good with Fukken. I can't wait to see the results Ken! :D

Hey Jeremy, it's been raining non-stop since Saturday, so no car washing/waxing before and after pics yet. I did try it on my wife's chrome rims and it came out nice. Pics and review still to come.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
old thread to bring up but wanted to see if anyone was using this stuff on a regular basis and what their thoughts were on it and if it's something the would continue to purchase.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
old thread to bring up but wanted to see if anyone was using this stuff on a regular basis and what their thoughts were on it and if it's something the would continue to purchase.

I still use this stuff on a regular basis; cleaned all our vehicles with it this past summer and the past couple of years. I know there's a few other sprays out there and when my stock gets low on Fukken, probably this coming summer, I'll do some more research, but I've heard some good stuff on the stuff Austin was using with his old boss...I forget the name, but other detailing forums have it high on their list.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Ken, there are basically two types of WWs (waterless washes). There's the style Fukken is with the aerosol can, then there are the water-based ones that I prefer for actually safely removing dirt.

The second water-based ones are rather versatile; they can be used in a number of ways for a number of jobs.

Here's what I'm using these days.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-clean-cleaner.html

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, there are basically two types of WWs (waterless washes). There's the style Fukken is with the aerosol can, then there are the water-based ones that I prefer for actually safely removing dirt.

The second water-based ones are rather versatile; they can be used in a number of ways for a number of jobs.

Here's what I'm using these days.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-clean-cleaner.html

Awesome. ....I like it and price is very reasonable. Thanks!

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
No problemo. You can buy the gallon concentrate and dilute it as you need it. That's the most cost effective way to wash.

Ford Truck Articles