Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Emblem Repair

Has anyone successfully repaired broken mounting pins on the back of the aluminum emblems before? I had my truck parked a little close to the wall in the garage, and the latch on the walk-in door caught my camper special badge and broke one of the two pins off. Dad has a welding business so I've got a few options to try, but just wondering if anyone's got a tried and true method. Might try some aluminum solder stuff he has first so it's lower heat. Small TIG torch after that. Paint is already pretty much gone in the emblem so not worried about burning it.

Side note: are any of the rubber/plastic parts that push into the holes in the sheet metal available anywhere separately? Do new emblems usually come with them?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've gone the solder route before. Works better if you can get the barrel clip to seat on what's left of the nub and just drip in. Might have to cut the barrel clip off, but better than buying a new emblem.

Ford Truck Articles