Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Check This Out!

I found this truck last awhile ago when i was walking through the wood near my house...
Picture084.jpg

It still has the 239 Flat-Head in it, and the oil in it looks like new!! So im thinking it may still be good.

Picture096.jpg

I was told by a neighbor that i could probably get this truck for free if i can get it out of the woods, so i hope the people that own it will be around sometime!

I have some questions about this truck also...

1. How do I know if its a 1.5 ton or a 2 ton?
2. Where will the VIN number be?

Vin Number Plate will be on the inside of the glovebox door....

if the Vin starts as 799T its a 1.5 Ton

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Sorry I missed this post.

The truck could be anything from '42-'47. Even early 48, if rumors are right about Ford using up the left over sheetmetal before going to the new Bonus-Built models.

The vin in addition to the glovebox door, should be on the transmission bellhousing. Remove the trans cover on the floor and it should be stamped just above the bellhousing access cover.

No clear way to tell between 1.5 or larger. You might count spring leaves in front and back and I can compare it to the 48 models in the shop manual. As far as I know all trucks 1.5 ton and larger used the 699T prefix (for 46) and 799T prefix (for 47)

fwiw: 1/2 ton pickups were 799C and one tons were 799Y

Vin Number Plate will be on the inside of the glovebox door....

if the Vin starts as 799T its a 1.5 Ton

Okay, Thanks!!

ok, how do u keep finding trucks????
I don't know man, I guess I just get lucky.

Sorry I missed this post.

The truck could be anything from '42-'47. Even early 48, if rumors are right about Ford using up the left over sheetmetal before going to the new Bonus-Built models.

The vin in addition to the glovebox door, should be on the transmission bellhousing. Remove the trans cover on the floor and it should be stamped just above the bellhousing access cover.

No clear way to tell between 1.5 or larger. You might count spring leaves in front and back and I can compare it to the 48 models in the shop manual. As far as I know all trucks 1.5 ton and larger used the 699T prefix (for 46) and 799T prefix (for 47)

fwiw: 1/2 ton pickups were 799C and one tons were 799Y
Thanks for the info!!

got any more pics of that front grill/guard? that thing looks massive
I dont know, I might...I will have to look..
Did yo bend the hinges opening the hood ?
Actually, no...

Ford Truck Articles