Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Factory Dash Clock Rare

Ok gents I joined so I could continue this post started on FTE and I miss the good forums form you guys. Any way here is a picture hope this helps all.
attachment.php
Like I said if not factory then why centered and matching the rest of the dash??

Attachments

• IMG_1271.JPG
Last edited:
Because the person that put that in himself got the astetics correct but the clock technology was old.

Those type clocks were from the early 70's.

I'll check my Car part book to see if there was an application.

not sure if Numberdummy visits here but on FTE he provided the dealer installed part number for this clock kit. It was available 78 79 150 350 plus vans and the same clock for mustang 2.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
not sure if Numberdummy visits here but on FTE he provided the dealer installed part number for this clock kit. It was available 78 79 150 350 plus vans and the same clock for mustang 2.
NumberDummy...hmmm...I wonder who that is?

Continued from elsewhere...:)

I know of only two ppl that bought one of these trucks new...myself and Dennis (Mil1ion).

Dennis: D8TZ-15A000-A .. Dealer Installed Clock Kit.

You won't find that number in your parts catalog, but if you look around, you'll find bits and pieces of the kit.

D4ZZ-15000-B .. Clock (only)

Fits: 1974/78 Mustang II / 1975/80 Granada/Monarch / 1978/79: F100/350 and Econoline.

Last edited:

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
NumberDummy...hmmm...I wonder who that is?

I know of only two ppl that bought one of these trucks new...myself and Dennis (Mil1ion).

There were tons of aftermarket clocks about that size out there during the 70's as well. Flip numbers were popular just before the LED's came out.

You're not the only old duffers here. Unless you're speaking about a specific trim package, I had a new '77 F100. Custom cab, 300 six, 3 spd column shift in Dark Metallic Jade.

I traded it on my current 86, but couldn't get over it so I bought a straight '77 f150 351M/auto that is in my project lineup.

Last edited:
Only Clock for 78/79 trucks

78Radioclock.jpg

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Only Clock for 78/79 trucks

78Radioclock.jpg
Not so, Dennis mi amigo.

D8TZ-15A000-A was the dealer installed part number for the clock kit.

D8UZ-15A000-A was the part number for the dealer installed Econoline kit.

You may never have seen one, but not only did I see them, I sold several. :)

Still don't believe me, OK...what's this? 15A006 / Section 15 / Page 1.

This wiring harness has nothing to do with the clock in the radio, nothing at all.

For all the naysayers here....I was a Ford partsman for 35 years (1962/97), so just because y'all haven't seen one, doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Last edited:
Hmmm,.

I look up those numbers Bill, and get 15000 Clock Assy ...refer to group -18806

then at 18806 it says refer to group - 18805

then all the listings are for radios

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Hmmm,.

I look up those numbers Bill, and get 15000 Clock Assy ...refer to group -18806

then at 18806 it says refer to group - 18805

then all the listings are for radios
The dealer installed clock kit is not listed in the parts catalog, but its wiring harness is: 15A006.

I know Ford offered them, because I sold at least one F Series type and two of the Econoline type...the only dif between the kits was the wiring harness.

One of those clock kits exists today in a 1978 E350 "Chateau" that belongs to a pal. He bought it new, it's a cut-away (yes, a Chateau cut-away) with a special combo box van/camper body on it that he had custom made.

Last edited:
Not so, Dennis mi amigo.

D8TZ-15A000-A was the dealer installed part number for the clock kit.

D8UZ-15A000-A was the part number for the dealer installed Econoline kit.

You may never have seen one, but not only did I see them, I sold several. :)

Still don't believe me, OK...what's this? 15A006 / Section 15 / Page 1.

This wiring harness has nothing to do with the clock in the radio, nothing at all.

For all the naysayers here....I was a Ford partsman for 35 years (1962/97), so just because y'all haven't seen one, doesn't mean it didn't exist.

OH YEA, WHAT THE BASIC NUMBER FOR A TOILET?

Ed

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
OH YEA, WHAT THE BASIC NUMBER FOR A TOILET? Ed
Anything with a prefix of: 3036E!

C-O-R-T-I-N-A = the Ford mechanics of the era spelled it S-H-I-*-B-O-X!!

Does that answer your question, Mr. Ed?

Or are you too young to remember that rolling pile of miseries?

Last edited:
Anything with a prefix of: 3036E!

C-O-R-T-I-N-A = the Ford mechanics of the era spelled it S-H-I-*-B-O-X!!

Does that answer your question, Mr. Ed?

Or are you too young to remember that rolling pile of miseries?

no!

there is a basic number for a toilet, it was in a camper package Ford sold in early 70's you to old to remember it Bill.:guns: lol

Ed

ps: I never did have the pleasure of looking anything up for the Cortina. found a catalog in the back room of Future Ford (now Ramsey St) in Banning Ca in the early 80's

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
no!

there is a basic number for a toilet, it was in a camper package Ford sold in early 70's you to old to remember it Bill.:guns: lol

Ed
As you may know, or mebbe you don't because you have no parts catalogs before 1980, the M Series Motorhome parts, and the slide in Camper parts are listed in the 1973/79 Ford Light Truck Parts Catalog.

As you may know, or mebbe you don't because you have no parts catalogs before 1980, the M Series Motorhome parts, and the slide in Camper parts are listed in the 1973/79 Ford Light Truck Parts Catalog.

yea I know I look it up a few times, won a couple of bucks betting the rookies.

You ever look for the Mouse? I won a pen for finding it first. Once!

Ed

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
yea I know I look it up a few times, won a couple of bucks betting the rookies.

You ever look for the Mouse? I won a pen for finding it first. Once!

Ed
Here's Johnnie!

D35Z-35082014-A .. Aqua Matic Toilet Assy.

or

D35Z-35088001-A .. Monomatic Toilet Assy.

Fits: American Road Camper.

I remember the mouse as a time waster...if ppl had time to look thru the parts catalog illustrations for that mouse, they weren't doing their job.

'Ol Warren Jackson would have hated that mouse crappola, but he died before Ford started that BS.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Remember the MVP P&S GTG's they used to have? I won a 25" Philco color TV for scoring 100% on the Ford history quiz paper they passed out at one of the GTG's.

I was the only one out of 1000's to score 100% in the US on that quiz.

When they announced at the GTG that someone had scored 100%, some guy from Galpin (who I hardly knew) yelled out...it's gotta be Wilson!

Last edited:
Remember the MVP P&S GTG's they used to have? I won a 25" Philco color TV for scoring 100% on the Ford history quiz paper they passed out at one of the GTG's.

I was the only one out of 1000's to score 100% in the US on that quiz.

this posting with you is feeling like the mouse thing. oh burn!

not doing my job. :hammer:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts