Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Its been along time

Just stopping by to say hi to everyone. I got pics of the 79 its all painted now it actually turned out better than i thought it would.
v4qw4x.jpg

I have been doing pretty good the truck is comming along pretty well to. Future plans include pulling motor and tranny motor is getting rebuilt different crankshaft and pistons turning it into a 400. The tranny is getting all new gaskets and maybe a shift kit. After the motor and tranny get redone im planning on doing a 6 inch suspension 3 inch body and 38.5 inch super swampers. But for now im going to collage and once i get my cdl and drive for a while i will have the money for these things. And i got a 1965 chevelle for free to. Should i ditch the brushguard?
30k6s0z.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Looks great......................................minus the grill, the 78-79 grill looks the best to me. But it's all about what YOU like.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I think the grill guard will look better after it's lifted YelloThumbUp You could take it off for now but keep it around to see what it looks like with some big meats under it :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
WOW...the paint does look good. What color white is that? And I vote for the push bar being off for the time being. And I look forward to the future build.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Eeek!
I've always called it "Chevy white".
YMMV on that? ;)

Alvin in AZ

Well it looked a little to bright to be wimbledon white, so I figured I'd ask. Cuz I like having the original colors on Red...but next time she gets painted, I'm thinking of going with that really bright old tbird red and a brighter white.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Well it looked a little to bright to be wimbledon white, so I figured I'd ask. Cuz I like having the original colors on Red...but next time she gets painted, I'm thinking of going with that really bright old tbird red and a brighter white.

Go with a pearl white, that's what I want. GULP.....Nissan has a nice pearl white. Wow that may be worse than Chebbie white.:spank:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Go with a pearl white, that's what I want. GULP.....Nissan has a nice pearl white. Wow that may be worse than Chebbie white.:spank:

NO THANK YOU...not a fan of pearls at all on these trucks. No offense, but I feel it gheys it up. When I got Red painted, my painter actually suggested going with the Caddy pearl white of the time...needless to say, he got an emphatic no. Don't get me wrong, pearls have their place, I just feel it's on cars and luxury SUVs.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
NO THANK YOU...not a fan of pearls at all on these trucks. No offense, but I feel it gheys it up. When I got Red painted, my painter actually suggested going with the Caddy pearl white of the time...needless to say, he got an emphatic no. Don't get me wrong, pearls have their place, I just feel it's on cars and luxury SUVs.

Yeah but when the truck is all white it's nice to set yourself apart form the Matag man. But I hear you. I'm not a fan of off white's though, and some whites are just to generic.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah but when the truck is all white it's nice to set yourself apart form the Matag man. But I hear you. I'm not a fan of off white's though, and some whites are just to generic.

Then why not go tutone...Originally, I preferred the blue/white...but I've been swayed in the last few years.

Ford Truck Articles