Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

7.3 problem

Fl.
my Daughters 2000 / f250 is not running She has 150K miles on her 7.3 Short of a few alternators and a glow plug relay her truck has been very dependable. She now lives 4000 miles away from me and I have been able to talk her thru any thing that has come up. But now I really have no clue. She calld me and said she was on the road and her truck had no power. Running very rough and loud with a little bit of white smoke of the exhaust. She limped it home, went to start it the following day and it would not run. Short of throwing a bunch of parts at it I told her to have it towed to diesel shop. get it scanned and see what is wrong. Well The truck has sat there and has not been touched . Im looking for what could be wrong with it. Filters are not old, full of clean oil. It has always started fast even in the cold Montana winter. Truck now will try and run when started but just dies. I know its not much info but its all I got to go by.

Thanks Bax

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
white smoke could be its burning coolant.. has she noticed any missing from the coolant bottle?? if the head gasket went it would result in low compression causing the fuel not to combust. if she can do a compression test that would tell her if shes losing pressure or not.. thats where i would start looking.

Ford Truck Articles