Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Scrap Metal

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Any idea on what the rates are for the junk parts? Is it handled the same as scrap? Or do they have a flat rate for parts? I figure I have about 1500lbs of parts that are no good.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Any idea on what the rates are for the junk parts? Is it handled the same as scrap? Or do they have a flat rate for parts? I figure I have about 1500lbs of parts that are no good.

Where I go they are paying $9.00 per hundred pounds. Different places pay less or a little more depending how big they are. based on what I get you are looking at about $120.00

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...didn't know if it was handled the same as scrap. A guy posted over on NC4x4 a couple days ago there was a place offering $11/100 relatively local to me.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Alright...didn't know if it was handled the same as scrap. A guy posted over on NC4x4 a couple days ago there was a place offering $11/100 relatively local to me.

Find out if they are open on Saturdays. Some places are only M-F

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Yes, scrapping is a disease unfortunately. The last hotel I worked on, one of the ac guys came in after hours and took out allllllll the copper from the room coil units....he only got caught because he loaded it onto the roof of his P71 ex-police cruiser and was driving it down the turnpike.

HOLY CRAP I FOUND A PIC OF IT!
coppercar9-thumb.jpg

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles