Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Yea or No Way?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
351, C6, 150k, rebuilt tranny, all working t-case, etc... outlets inside and out, captains in rear, 40% tires, pretty nice body.

IMG_20110430_165748.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd have to know the work history and parts used on that van. I think that's too late to be a Ford Pathfinder, so unless it was handled by a veeeeeery reputable shop or one of the common conversion companies, I'd be extreeeeemely leery. Even though I'm a huuuuuuuge 4x4 van lover, there are too many hacks out there that were done in a backyard by someone who didn't know what they were doing. So without more info, I'd pass on the trade. I think the novelty will wear off far sooner than you might realize. And having owned a e-series, they're big and huge, and unless you're doing straight line mud, you'll never utilize the 4wd. And if you think fuel in the SD is bad, I'm willing to bet that thing gets no better than 8mpg's. I also think you'll find waaaaaaay more utility out of the SD. If it were me, I wouldn't give it another thought. That said, if the price was right and you were looking for another toy, I think I'd be more interested.

http://www.pathfinder-vans.com/html/about_us.html

Pathfinder Equipment Co. went out of business around 1992, leaving a large number of Pathfinder van owners without a reliable source for replacement parts. Pathfinder 4wd Van Accessories has the most complete selection of high quality Pathfinder 4x4 conversion parts available, and adding new items to our inventory monthly. We are dedicated to keeping the Pathfinder 4x4 vans on the road.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Then maybe it's legit...I dunno what kind of identifiers may have been used though to deem it a Pathfinder though.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

I had about $2600 into the F-SD... he's asking $3900 for the van.

Ben, as for the toy factor, the F-SD was pretty much my road toy. Which tempted me to do mods to the Explorer (which we all know is not worth it), so I'd rather be able to have my toy and actually play with it off road, and have my DD in stock condition.

EDIT: I don't use the superduty enough to need it's superduty-ness. I may haul something like lumber or a couch, but I have a trailer and the van has space. Toy first, then with rare utility.

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
As for the conversion, I still need more info. But the PO is an ASE tech.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
'drama' I can only imagine the fear you'll instill in some father when you pull up in the family driveway with that cheap motel room on wheels to take his daughter out on a date! :shocked:

Exactly why I have the Explorer! :wavey:

As for the conversion, I still need more info. But the PO is an ASE tech.

Meh, scope it out like any 4x4 If it checks out get it then use VVVVV for sig.. :rolling laugh:

'drama' I can only imagine the fear you'll instill in some father when you pull up in the family driveway with that cheap motel room on wheels to take his daughter out on a date! :shocked:

:wasntme: smiliegitrdone smiliestirthepot

Use quote for sig..

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welded rear end?..as in the spider gears?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts