Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

We just had an Earth Quake!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
That's crazy! I've never actually noticed or felt one. How long did it last?

Ryan

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That's scary! But you are part of the Circumpacific Orogenic Belt, or more commonly known as the Ring of Fire, which surrounds land masses around the entire Pacific Ocean.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
That's crazy! I've never actually noticed or felt one. How long did it last?

Ryan
About 5-8 seconds. Woke up a lot of people, postings on FB were immediate.

That's scary! But you are part of the Circumpacific Orogenic Belt, or more commonly known as the Ring of Fire, which surrounds land masses around the entire Pacific Ocean.
Yes, right under the Straight of Georgia. Was scary for me. The last few would only rattle the windows, like a big truck coming down the road. Going to check the 'Quake Kit" Been years since I've checked it.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
...the Ring of Fire...

You beat me to it, lol.

That familiar sound, like that of a freight train coming your way and getting louder and louder, or like the last round/swarm of very shallow quakes where I'm at now, making the sound of an explosion, one so big you'd swear an office building was full of nat gas and blew up.

The whole house swayed! Was a 4.9 just 9 miles away from us! Crazy!! The last one that I remember that shook like that was in the 70's. ( South Vancouver Island. We live in Sidney.)

Hope everything is all good Roy ......that one we had here in Christchurch nearly 5 years ago was a killer one.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Crazy thing is, there were profuse tremors and rumblings at my place occurring about every 5-10 minutes and over a 2ish hour period that registered 6 - 8 on the richter (sphincter) scale last week; surely Roys house being ~ 400 miles from mine was swaying like a storm door in a tornado, and he slept through all of it. :(

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Crazy thing is, there were profuse tremors and rumblings at my place occurring about every 5-10 minutes and over a 2ish hour period that registered 6 - 8 on the richter (sphincter) scale last week; surely Roys house being ~ 400 miles from mine was swaying like a storm door in a tornado, and he slept through all of it. :(

Was hard to sleep through the quake Bill with 2 cats clinging to the top of my head! Lol!
(House did a good swaying)

Ford Truck Articles