Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

92, f250 project

well you may have gathered from the other thread that my step daughter sold her last truck and we bought some other trucks to play with.
the one she just sold, made a little money on it too;

so the plan was to get a mid 80s dually with a tub for her to drive, so we got these;

the dual wheel truck is very rusty, but has a reco 302 cleveland and came with lots of parts, paid a little much for it in hindsight but oh well.
kept looking and came up with this;

efi 351 (with a rod out the sump), power steer, air con, plus the cab is nice apart from missing the back panel!!.

thats my mate helping lift the back off, man they are heavy!
anyway, going to shorten the ambo chassis to suit the tub, get some bolt on adaptors to run dual wheels, nice paint and try get a bottom end for the 351. are the efi bottom ends the same as the early ones?? just thinking reco short motor.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That should keep you busy for a bit!

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Sooo, I now hate you.... That Super Duty should be in my driveway... The axles actually....

Can't you swap the DRW axle over, or am I getting things bass ackwards? Also, you're steering wheels are on the wrong side....

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Andy, let me know how much a set of those sealed beam headlights from the white truck would run me (All of the associated parts - buckets, mounting stuffs...). I'd love to have a set.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Set. Pair.

Potato. Pairtato.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I just want two...

You beat me with that ninja edit.

Fellro

Staff member
I'm guessing that the wheel tubs are wider due to the straight wheel setup. The frames should be the same, but the space between the tire and the frame will be a bit tighter. I can see a good part of the drums on the 250's, but the 350 totally covers the drum.

Fellro

Staff member
Interesting. The 92 was a cab-chassis, and the frame width matches a 250. The axle is 4 inches wider...

Andy, let me know how much a set of those sealed beam headlights from the white truck would run me (All of the associated parts - buckets, mounting stuffs...). I'd love to have a set.

Austin those won't work over there for you unless you could get some us spec lights to fit the buckets ..... because we have the steering wheel on the right smilietease side of the vehicle we drive on the left hand side of the road so when the headlights are dipped they dip to the left which for us is the edge of the road ..... you'd wind up attracting the thin blue line's attention pretty quickly i'd imagine.
Having said that i think iirc one of Andy's mates has an F truck wrecking yard plus there is always http://www.f100.com.au/ or http://www.ftrucksaustralia.com/ or even http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/eumu...f-truck-spares-f100-f150-f250-f350/1019305693

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
They should be adjustable to the other side... Kind of looks like they use the older headlights with newer trim.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That was my thought as well Roger....the buckets should be adjustable for either setup...and then the 6054's will work fine.

^^^ Nah it's the way they cut the glass lenses Roger ...... flipping them upside down doesn't work either as the beam is diffused the wrong way and it wont pass the light inspection meter btdt .
The headlights in my truck were imported from Australia at a cost of nearly $700 for the pair when it was certified to go on the road - i have been trying all sorts of things to get the lights to comply on my 92 bronco and am going to have to get some sent over as well ..... my wife and wallet are not looking forward to that expense i can tell you.

That was my thought as well Roger....the buckets should be adjustable for either setup...and then the 6054's will work fine.

Yep the buckets will work but he would have to get new lamps to go in them due to the fresnel lens cut for rhd

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Agreed...and I should have said that I would assume he would have done that.

those headlights are hard to find! i lost a surround once on another truck and cost me $100!!! i hate how we get something specific to Australia and they are so rare it costs a fortune!

smilieIagree X2 on that Andy - it's even worse on this side of the ditch ...... hey just as an aside does your mate with the f truck yard have any aussie gen 9 headlights - i'm going to need a pair for the bronco when i get back to work and start getting it ready for certification.

Ford Truck Articles