Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Paint my grill?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I was thinking about painting the inner gray parts of my grill white, to math the truck... What do you guys think about that idea? I would be leaving the chrome alone and just painting the gray parts.
DSC00739-small.jpg

Would that look dumb?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Seen it done before, on white trucks of that generation.

I think it looks terrible, personally, but to each his own.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
You'd be able to see every poor dead bug you smacked into and killed. It'd look good, would have to keep cleaning it.

i think it looks OK, but your truck looks awesome basically stock. ...not sure i'd mess with it.

bust out some photoshop skills and let's see how it'd look

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Cool thanks for the honest opinions guys. Yeah I figured I'd play with it on photoshop a little bit and see what I come up with. I'll let you know.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
the best way to find out is buy another grille and experiment with it. id paint it black so it looks hidden, and keep the chrome

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
WHOA the forums just changed! haha that was definately very wierd

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
I 've seen guys paint their grills the color of the truck, looks terrible , just paint it stock color, have a friend at work that has a totally white grill to match the stripe on his hood , god awful , every chip and bug parts can be seen , my .02.

Mike

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah the whole site is (under construction) and getting easier to access with the more members we are getting. so far so good!

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
It certainly would stand out more if its white on the inside.....I've thought about doing flat black in mine.

black looks real good!!! white might not be bad either!!-hey scan get some cheap ass water based paint like from an artist place or school supply place-that is easily washed off with water and try it??? you might like it,if you do just wash it off and use the good stuff!! :)

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
A east coast conversion painted all of thiers to match truck color looked OK .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts