Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

just bought a 94 f150

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
well this is my first gen 9 but ive hat a gen 7 and 6...i gotta say i made off like a bandit ...the interior and exterior are great and the enjine is strong..its got a pioneer stereo system i it...the only down side to it is the belts squeek a lil...the guy says its a plastic bushing right behind the bottom pully that is worn out that causes it...does this sound plausable? how much would this bushing be? how quick would it be to do?

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
what rules?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The bottom pulley would be the crank... Plastic bushing behind it? Not that I know of... Does it sound like squeaky belt? Probably just needs a new belt-- don't waste your money on anything but a gatorback.

Could also be a bad pulley bearing.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
index.cfm
oh sorry lol im abt to add sum

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
l_566adbf10d3d4f3aa5bff313a36b25d8.jpg

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
l_a94f97b0167c4eff93bd9c1a14caaf83.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
does any one know how much that plastic bushing would cost? im guessin fairly cheap like 10 bucks

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Looks good bro. Yea there is no plastic bushing anywhere unless hes talkin about the idler pulley but thats on top. Some are plastic. You can take the belt off and sping everything to see how they spin, if quiet your good, and just the belt is bad, if something is noisy change it and the belt, and away ya go.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sometimes if a bearing is going, you'll get some play in the pulley too. So along with what was said above, get on the pulleys and see if you can get any play side to side or top to bottom.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i know the sound is coming from the bottom ulley...and the belt is fairly new... most the pullys r new...ill hafta take er' to the auto shop at school n take a look at er

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
i know the sound is coming from the bottom ulley...and the belt is fairly new... most the pullys r new...ill hafta take er' to the auto shop at school n take a look at er

Dunno if you know this...but a driveway works well too...haha. But seriously, why in the hell would the pulleys be replaced...already? Upgraded to billet...or is there a deeper problem?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sorry to say but it's highly unlikely that it's coming from the crank pulley... There ain't no bearing on it. I suspect that you feel like you're hearing it from there but it's coming from somewhere else. Either that or a bad belt. Remove the belt and turn it inside out so you can see the ridges, then bend it back so that the back of the belt touches itself (make a loop in it, ridges side facing out). Inspect the ridges for cracks.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
....ill check the belt but i doubt thats it...and id use my driveway if it wasnt muddy *** gravel at the moment..and plus if i were to do it at auto i cld get the part right then instead of havin to drive 15 miles to town from my house....oreillys is right down the road.....i sprayd sum of that prestone anti belt squeek stuff on the belt n it was fine until i started it the next time...ill just look her over reall good in auto.....i gotta get it insured tomorro tho...hoefully itll b on the road by friday w no prollems

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Belt dressing is snake oil-- don't waste your money. If that was a temp fix then I'm almost positive it's the belt. In fact, even if it's new it might still be the belt. I had problems with belts squeaking right outta the package. Then I switched to a Gatorback and never had problems again.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
ill take a look at the belt n if that dont fix it ill go from there....its the only thing wrong w the truck.....i might throw a chip in 'er dependin on wether or not the funds permit it....i think i might just save the cash for the 84 tho....although itll b temptin not to play w the 5.0..its my first efi engine..im used to the oldskool world...i might have to minorly tweak both trucks a lil at a time

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Don't waste your money on a chip-- they're way too expensive for the gains. I noticed minimal gains but my chip only cost me $50 cuz it was used. A decent chip will cost in excess of $300 and on these older trucks they don't do that much-- just tweak the timing and fuel tables a little bit.

Ford Truck Articles